Waterfowl Mounts

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
Based off the post from the other week, lets see some of the waterfowl mounts you've had done....

Below are some i've had done over the years, all were done by Mrs Diane out in JoCo!

Attachments

• Buff.jpg
    Buff.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Gadwall.jpg
    Gadwall.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Hollywood.jpg
    Hollywood.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Mallard.jpg
    Mallard.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 40

Bluecord

Six Pointer
8D97B199-F415-4E93-B5E5-4293DA2C2FB5.jpeg
9529F4F9-E45F-486A-9C6F-8D7F879FDCB5.jpeg0F155970-5F68-4B89-8030-D4E7243F7931.jpeg
Funny story, my dog actually retrieved both birds twice, once when they were shot and once when they were mounted 😂. Came out alright, the hoodie is missing a feather but all in all consider myself lucky lol.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I’ve had two ducks mounted. Both were for a kid I carried hunting. I have seen a lot of mounts by the taxidermist that looked great but when I picked up those two, I was pissed. I don’t know if he had a helper do them or what but they looked like crap. If they were mine, I would have left them right there.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’ve had two ducks mounted. Both were for a kid I carried hunting. I have seen a lot of mounts by the taxidermist that looked great but when I picked up those two, I was pissed. I don’t know if he had a helper do them or what but they looked like crap. If they were mine, I would have left them right there.

that's many mounts I see,,,and not just waterfowl

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I eat the ones I mount too

you have better skills then I do I guess,,,,
by the time I pull the legs, thighs, breasts, lower two wing joints, gizzard, heart and liver the skin is messed up,,,,

plus I like cooking with the skin on and that plucking about nails the no mount option,,,,,,,,

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
you have better skills then I do I guess,,,,
by the time I pull the legs, thighs, breasts, lower two wing joints, gizzard, heart and liver the skin is messed up,,,,

plus I like cooking with the skin on and that plucking about nails the no mount option,,,,,,,,

True. But if I’m mounting one, I’ll get as much as I can. Can’t see taking a whole bird and wasting the meat.