Watching the Rose Bowl...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
It would be best part of the Rose bowl I'm not much for teams kinda lackluster granddaddy this year. I'll be pulling for cheerleader first and Wis to win. Sorry Pac 12 I watched Utah get dominated on line scrimmage and to think they were very close to playoffs

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And yet people whinge and complain to expand the playoffs to 8 teams. The best team in the nation has always been in the top 4.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I've been watching the whole game. I think it's a pretty good game. Oregon is showing(or was) that they can hang with Wisconsin, anyway.
Neither team would do good against the top 4, though.
Oregon needs to go back to the things they did on their 1st drive.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Ok. 9 mins to go in game. Oregon just lost the game.
DC and OC need to be fired and told to get home however the can.
Guess I was wrong. Wis fumbled and Oregon wins by one.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
And Ga made baylor look silly another team that was play away from playoffs. Reason I say is they were literally without 50%of team on offense and defense and Pickens ran circles around the D and they knew he was only reveiver being targeted most of time. No need to expand playoffs just to get players hurt on top tier teams

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No offense, but I hope it doesn’t.

Expanding would be punitive to the best teams. I thought the purpose was to identify the best.

The competition falls off, quite fast, when you get past the top teams.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Agree with DBCoopet can't even find 4 top teams let alone 8 just watering in down risking injury to top teams the conf champ games already create an expanded playoff for team or 2 each year

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I hope it does. Basically gives every conference a seat at the table, G5 and 2 at large.

Not every conference deserves a spot at the table. Take for example, Memphis. Kentucky could beat Memphis. There is no reason to even play a game with them.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not every conference deserves a spot at the table. Take for example, Memphis. Kentucky could beat Memphis. There is no reason to even play a game with them.

And....with absolutely no malice, I present....App St.

Is there anyone who really believes they’re one of the top 20 teams in the country?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And....with absolutely no malice, I present....App St.

Is there anyone who really believes they’re one of the top 20 teams in the country?

On any given day, yes...top 20. Top 10? Nope. Top 15? Again, nope.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Every Cartel 5 team wants a shot. Then 2 at large and a G5 team... That gives everyone a shot. Right now, Cartel 5 league champs stay home every year, and UCF wins 26 games in a row and never gets a chance. Some of these teams may not have a prayer at winning it all, but they have a shot at it, and recruiting parity is spread out a little more.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
there is some silly stuff that happens in bowl games.
UT down 13 with 5 minutes to go last night to IU.
According to the talk show i heard this am under this scenario the leading team had gone 471-0 this season prior to last night when UT made it 471-1.
easiest on side kick recovery i ever saw.
The UT fans deserve some fun after the recent years of turmoil.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Every Cartel 5 team wants a shot. Then 2 at large and a G5 team... That gives everyone a shot. Right now, Cartel 5 league champs stay home every year, and UCF wins 26 games in a row and never gets a chance. Some of these teams may not have a prayer at winning it all, but they have a shot at it, and recruiting parity is spread out a little more.

Im not willing to see a real team like Clemson or LSU lose a player due to injury while thumping a patsy. There is no reason...none at all...to play UCF or Memphis or any other bottom feeding conference champion. If you want into the playoffs, improve your strength of schedule. And any of the top four would have trounced UCF the last three years.

There is nothing wrong with the current system. It gives us a national champion and the best team in the country is always *ALWAYS* in the top 4. I don't care about "fairness". I care about crowning a champion with as little distraction as possible.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Im not willing to see a real team like Clemson or LSU lose a player due to injury while thumping a patsy. There is no reason...none at all...to play UCF or Memphis or any other bottom feeding conference champion. If you want into the playoffs, improve your strength of schedule. And any of the top four would have trounced UCF the last three years.

There is nothing wrong with the current system. It gives us a national champion and the best team in the country is always *ALWAYS* in the top 4. I don't care about "fairness". I care about crowning a champion with as little distraction as possible.

I understand your opinion, and can concede your point. But I don't think Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, OSU should have a lock on the playoff spots every year. And if they continue with this format, those teams will continue to pile up the best 4 and 5 star recruits available and further distance themselves from their conference foes. I'd rather see the parity spread out more.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I understand your opinion, and can concede your point. But I don't think Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, OSU should have a lock on the playoff spots every year. And if they continue with this format, those teams will continue to pile up the best 4 and 5 star recruits available and further distance themselves from their conference foes. I'd rather see the parity spread out more.

How about a “best of the rest” tournament?

😁

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I just don't think you can treat the football playoffs like basketball giving everyone chance. football is more physical injury risk higher