Watch ya step

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Went to the woods today just to get out and about and look for some turkey sign in other spots and ran across this rascal

Attachments

• 7EE91BC2-3C3C-48D2-A976-37C8612740F5.jpeg
    7EE91BC2-3C3C-48D2-A976-37C8612740F5.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 135

double

Twelve Pointer
If I can wear shorts those b$&@%# are out and I will have on snake boots. I despise a snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Muck has a pair of waterproof snake boots. They are made for hot weather temps. I’ve never had them tested, but as comfortable as they are, I have no idea why anyone would not have a pair. They work very good during deer season...your feet will stay cool but they won’t be cold. In turkey and bow season, they will be warm, but not bad at all.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
everyone of those semi live turkey shows seems to have a dang snake issue. The shane simpson show had a rattlesnalke that was past perfect in his camo.
Of course at the rate ticks are getting on me this year snakes are the least of my worry.
after one tick all last year I have already had several attached this year. and there is no one with more permethrin on their clothing than me.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
everyone of those semi live turkey shows seems to have a dang snake issue. The shane simpson show had a rattlesnalke that was past perfect in his camo.
Of course at the rate ticks are getting on me this year snakes are the least of my worry.
after one tick all last year I have already had several attached this year. and there is no one with more permethrin on their clothing than me.

Maybe you got a bad batch of permethrin? Do you use the Sawyers clothing treatment? I rarely ever have ticks get on my skin. But I spray down clothes religiously.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe you got a bad batch of permethrin? Do you use the Sawyers clothing treatment? I rarely ever have ticks get on my skin. But I spray down clothes religiously.
yes I too had had great success. got a new round this year with a pump sprayer and really doused them down.

Windini

Spike
Yipe! Snake boots aren't much help when you squat down in your blind/hide!!o_O
went into the woods, found a snake that lives in the woods, kills said snake for living in the woods :rolleyes:
Plenty more where that came from. I've got nothing against snakes for being snakes, but, in the wild, all critters aim to make their space a safe space!

Wv67

Ten Pointer
That snake was on the road I was walking I have let a many rattlesnake pass while in the woods copperheads don’t get no passes , When and if you ever cut fire wood do you hug the tree first ,

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
When and if you ever cut fire wood do you hug the tree first

A more appropriate way to phrase that would be "do you cut trees down for being trees " to that I would say No, I cut trees down to provide firewood to keep me warm.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Man you just gotta put that up as so many us getting ready walk in dark tom morning[emoji3] now everybody gonna be paranoid

My wife asked me the other day, “as much you hate snakes & you’re gonna try turkey hunting in the prime time snakes are crawling”...told her some snakes are ok especially if I see them first.. fangs are a death warrant courtesy of whichever gun I can get in action first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

double

Twelve Pointer
That snake was on the road I was walking I have let a many rattlesnake pass while in the woods copperheads don’t get no passes , When and if you ever cut fire wood do you hug the tree first ,

Why let a rattler go and kill a copperhead. From my understanding generally a copperhead is a non life threatening bite while a rattler is very much the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk