Wasp under low deck

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My BIL has new house with a low to the ground deck with the fancy plastic boards on it.... no access to underside.... got wasp nest all under it..... what’s the best stuff to put under it? Spray bug bombs down through the cracks? Sweep Sevin dust through the cracks?? I know y’all have some suggestions...

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
I would think that you could put some 7 through the cracks. Use a pump sprayer with Talstar to shoot under or through the cracks.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
See if you can block off egress routes, such as placing a rug to keep them from going between boards. If you can get them all coming through one or more small openings, a little Sevin dust will do the job. You can also wrap the whole thing in plastic and toss a few grenades(bug bombs)ripley-nuke-the-site-from-orbit-i-say-we-take-off-and-nuke-the-entire-site-from-orbit-its-the-...jpg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Use it for a guinea hutch then, that will keep snakes and bugs out. Probably neighbors also. lol

hawkman

Eight Pointer
... it sounds like he built a condo for copperheads as well. They love low decks.. .

The only place in my yard that makes me think about copperhead regularly is where I've got two pallets in the back with firewood on them, one plastic and one metal... Like a really low deck...

hawkman

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I'd tarp it all and throw in bug bombs. Probably do it at night when they're all home to enjoy the poison?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Bomb the wasps, as suggested.

I read that snakes don't like peppermint oil or cinnamon oil. Pour that between the boards and see if it keeps the snakes out.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Bomb the wasps, as suggested.

I read that snakes don't like peppermint oil or cinnamon oil. Pour that between the boards and see if it keeps the snakes out.
if he'll attach 1/2" rat wire tween the ground and deck just after the bombing snakes can't get in, and hopefully the bomb pushed snakes out.