Want to keep your license plate number ?

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I remember this crap, was told that it wouldn’t cost us a thing if you needed to get new plates...

Donkeybutt! Takes money to make new plates 🤔 I wonder where the money comes from 🤔

🙄

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I remember this crap, was told that it wouldn’t cost us a thing if you needed to get new plates...

Donkeybutt! Takes money to make new plates 🤔 I wonder where the money comes from 🤔

🙄
Got to keep them convicts busy. lol

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seeing some of the plates out there.. This is not a bad idea.. is 7 years the right number, who knows.. but at least we only have to have one tag on the back for now.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
It doesn't really matter to me if the number changes.
The biggest issue I see with changing the number is the fact that a lot of shops use the plate number to track your car and the work they’ve done to it. Not an issue if you do all your own work, but it’ll be a pain in the butt for auto shops.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
I don't understand if a person gets a personalized plate after paying
the increased amount to make, which I understand because they make a new plate.

After that one time payment to the state for it, why is the renewal fees more than a regular plate
since you already paid it the first time? You just get the sticker which is placed on it, after it's in
computer system don't understand why you keep paying more every year. That's what a lady at DMV told me.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

After that one time payment to the state for it, why is the renewal fees more than a regular plate
since you already paid it the first time? You just get the sticker which is placed on it, after it's in
computer system don't understand why you keep paying more every year. That's what a lady at DMV told me.

Revenue from the sale of personalized license plates provides the principle source of funding for the Wildflower Program.
https://www.ncdot.gov/initiatives-policies/environmental/wildflower/Pages/default.aspx

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns

I'm sure its to fatten somebody's pockets

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns

Because they can.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Why am I not surprised that the first person to speak up about cheating the government is a die-hard UNC fan.

Because the Toll roads is a yankee thing that the North Raleigh people got enacted because they didnt want to pay tolls and at the time there was less opposition to it in southern wake co. a toll on a Highway is as un North Carolianian as there is. North Raleigh people should pay it just like the ones that travel from Fuquay to RTP...... but no lets put the burden of the toll (tax) on a certain section of wake co and not the other. The whole concept of this toll is NOT FAIR...... pretty simple to understand. call it cheating or what you want to I call it using a highway in NC like it supposed to be used.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Because the Toll roads is a yankee thing that the North Raleigh people got enacted because they didnt want to pay tolls and at the time there was less opposition to it in southern wake co. a toll on a Highway is as un North Carolianian as there is. North Raleigh people should pay it just like the ones that travel from Fuquay to RTP...... but no lets put the burden of the toll (tax) on a certain section of wake co and not the other. The whole concept of this toll is NOT FAIR...... pretty simple to understand. call it cheating or what you want to I call it using a highway in NC like it supposed to be used.

I’m gonna stop you right there. I’m not a fan of tolls, but you’re misrepresenting them. Tolls are implemented to pay for a new highway. The whole idea is that the people that use the new roads are the ones paying for it. Nobody forces you to use the toll road. You can easily go the other way and spend more time. They aren’t slapping tolls on existing roads just to raise revenue. They wanted a new highway to relieve congestion on the old roads, but didn’t have money to pay for it, so they instituted a toll to pay for the road that they built. The ones using it are the ones paying for it instead of somebody in Asheville paying for roads in Wake county. Call it a Yankee thing all you want, but your actual argument is ridiculous.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Jesus mack- you cannot post stuff like this anywhere.
the new nazis will be picking up your vehicle. denying you registration rights on cars and boats.
be careful. :skeerd: :eek::):panic:😛

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I see numerous cars with no or unreadable plates each week. As well as the paper temp tags that look like a 3rd grader drew the numbers in.

As far as toll roads go, I'm not a fan but I understand it as why would the people in many areas of the state want their taxes to go up because new highways are needed in Charlotte and Raleigh.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I see numerous cars with no or unreadable plates each week. As well as the paper temp tags that look like a 3rd grader drew the numbers in.

As far as toll roads go, I'm not a fan but I understand it as why would the people in many areas of the state want their taxes to go up because new highways are needed in Charlotte and Raleigh.

my plate is very readable.......clear as a bell. Ray Charles could read my plate. Nothing I am doing is illegal .

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
my plate is very readable.......clear as a bell. Ray Charles could read my plate. Nothing I am doing is illegal .
That's great! But i wasn't referencing your car in particular or suggesting that you might be doing something illegal. 🤷‍♂️ Just making a point that I see many that are unreadable and probably more than that, that look fake.