Walmart ammo going going.......almost gone

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
Up until now I thought Walmart getting rid of their ammo was a joke or a publicity stunt. Well , tonight shopping for Christmas lights I swung buy the ammo counter. Every round they are getting rid of is at least 50% off. I picked up a few boxes, i am betting it will be gone before long. Get it while it lasts , there are some deals to be had.

Hazmt

Six Pointer
Sad commentary on how ignorant our country has become! That said, I took benefit of the opportunity of political “ignorance,” —I mean, correctness and bought a few rounds at half price also!! Have heard reports of empty ammo shelves all around my area.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One Wally near me only has birdshot on the shelves the locked cases were empty. At another only Remington Core Lokts were on sale. I bought all 10 they had 30/06 150 gr.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
As of last night, none of the ammo is on sale in the walmart I frequent, went to one in Portsmouth, VA last weekend and they were fully stocked with nothing on sale.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
walmart will roll with the tide. another in store event with a shooter should end their sale of guns and ammo.
We'll see.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Gastonia store this morn......500 rds rem 223 $70, 800 rds white box 40 cal. $112, 300 rds 45 white box $54, and 100 rds 380 white box $14.......overall, 1700 rds for @267.50 out the door......prices on the boxes were double what the actual price was.....had to get the dude to scan a few boxes to make sure........270, 308 etc...no sales..............and now, I have no reason to ever go into a Walmart again...

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
As I understand it some stores are not selling the ammo but trying to donate it to police departments

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I'm just about done with Walmart. Their CS is nonexistent, they are forcing their customers to scan and bag their own groceries, their prices are no longer competitive, and they have very little variety. All of our paper products, cleaning supplies, dog food, some dry goods are coming to our door monthly from Amazon at a lower price and with free shipping. Last Sunday really pissed me off. Some friends and I were planning on cooking out so we went by the local Wongmart to pick up some things. We had beer and wine in the cart. They had ONE checkout line open and only half of the scanners were operational. Since we had booze one of the slack-jawed droolers that "works" there had to check our ID's at the scanning machine. Ten minutes later we still couldn't find anyone. One employee was not authorized to leave her area. So, we said to hell with it and abandoned our stuff right there and walked out. Screw' em.

There was a Food Lion next door and it was great. Friendly people, more variety in beer and wine, :mosh: and competitive prices. They even bag your groceries (and separate the cold stuff and put it in blue bags!). From now on it's FL and online shopping for the majority of our purchases. I just bought a case of shotgun shells online for $80 with free shipping. And it is what I wanted, not what Wongmart had in stock.

IMO the day that sorry ass store closes will be a good day for America. I never did care much for the Chicoms anyway. :LOL:

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
What ticked me off most about Walmart was how they gave suppliers the ultimatum to either manufacture in China/FarEast or else not be a supplier to them. This accelerated the demise of USA manufacturing. Then 10-15 years later Walmart started touting Made In USA. TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE, TOO BAD. I would feel bad for Walmart employees if Walmart ever went under. There are few manufacturing jobs those employees could go to now...sad story.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Bought some .243 and they didn’t have anything on sale, full gun cabinet too. Of course it took forever to get helped but I didn’t have time to get to a decent sporting goods shop.

The other nearby one has birdshot and that’s it but that may be all they’ve ever had as they’re a bit more urban.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Pistol and AR ammo is what they are clearing out and no longer selling. Bought 400 rounds of .223 for $56 and cleared them out in Greenville. Only 32s left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I don't usually shop at Wally World, but I was in there last night and they had more rifle ammo than I have seen in a long time. Even had some 6.5 CM for those fanatics. LOL

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Its still out there. Went to buy a friends father some 22cci shotshells and hit the mother lode. 5100rds of 223/ 5.56 and 3000 9mm.....all for $1091 out the door. I cant reload for these prices