Walkers Game ears

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
I did a search and either I got tired of looking or I did not find anything. So here goes...

I use Walkers game ears at the range (Ear Muffs) and noticed that I could hear a lady chewing out her man in the car in parking lot and got me wondering.... How many people wear them in tree stand? My hearing isn't as good as it once was and should have wore ear plugs more in the Army but I did't. I was wondering if they would be beneficial from the tree. We all have had deer sneak up and appear without a warning and I wonder if a gadget like Walkers game ear would help. Not sure I could get used to them in the tree but I just might give it a shot.

Whats yalls thoughts?

I used them on a hog hunt this year as I had my AR15 with a muzzle brake, and it was quite a large sounder I was after. Heard em snorting and stomping through the woods with the muffs a good 60 seconds before they came to the food pile.

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
I wear them and a set of Pro ears over my hears aids in deer stand and duck blinds. Amazing what I can hear. Now early light hours seeing is another thing. LOL.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I wear the Howard Leight brand when I hunt and they make a big difference. I hear everything near and far with them.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I've worn them hunting several times and for the most part they work great, EXCEPT.... when that one darned squirrel gets going. They used to sound like a dozen deer coming toward you, but with the Walkers they suddenly become a stampeding heard of Buffalo!!

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm very interested in this as well. Has anyone had the chance to compare the different brands for quality, weight, comfort, etc.?

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
I have a pair of Howard Leight, use them all the time turkey hunting ,some times deer hunting , only issue i have noticed is being able to tell which direction the sound is coming from to start with.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Midway sent me this email today.
I received that as well and just ordered a pair with free shipping. I searched Amazon and this is the best price I found for this model. I have a pair of Howard Leights already, but wanted to give these a try. They have great reviews.

silvertip

Six Pointer
I have a pair of Howard Leight, use them all the time turkey hunting ,some times deer hunting , only issue i have noticed is being able to tell which direction the sound is coming from to start with.
I also cannot tell the direction, but you can hear a mouse fart from 200yds just don't know where at

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
If I have a gun in my hand I'm wearing them. Period. The reason my hearing is gone is because I didn't wear them with a gun in my hand. :(

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have used them a bunch.
Different brand but same end game. Can turn them up and down for what is needed.
Use them more to protect ears than being able to hear but that is a good part of them.
They get hot when it is warm and they also dont like rain.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
The model I have has adjustable volume and frequency and since I don't hear high frequencies too well anymore it works fine. The one downside is as mentioned previously, you can't echo locate a noise source when wearing one. You just have to put your head on a swivel and hope you don't get busted.