Wake County CC renew

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone done one in the last several months?
Wondering how long it is taking currently.?

Just renewed mine and he said it will take at least 90 days and after the currect one expires you can't buy guns with them was a strong point he made.
Said you could still CC with the expired one up to the point you get your new one.

Had one thought, bet that CC is for NC only. Cant believe that other states would take or let you CC with an expired Card.

Several people in line expire this month. Mine runs out in Jan.
Suprized how many people get it done in the last week or days before it goes out.

Man downtown Raleigh really sucks for traffic and parking.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Unless they've slowed way down you'll get it inside 30 days. Other than pain in the ass parking Wake Co is easy and fast on renewals.

RBR

Six Pointer
I let one expire in Martin Co. a few years back and was told I would have to pay for the class and be certified again. Luckily I was blessed by the county gods and knew someone who “handled” it for me.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Unless they've slowed way down you'll get it inside 30 days. Other than pain in the ass parking Wake Co is easy and fast on renewals.

Even with the new idiot Sherrif they elected? Thinking I may get mine finally. The sheriff here in Wilson county is not exactly the most fun friendly guy around. He was not happy when the ATF removed the local sheriff sign off on suppressors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Glad I live across the line in Franklin Co.
Got a nice letter from my Sheriff about 6 months out reminding me to renew and clear instructions of the timing, where to go, and process.

Went on-line 45 days out and completed application and paid fee. Then showed up in person at Sheriff's office and signed, took about 3 mins. Then got a call about 10 days later that I could come in and pick it up. Again, took about 3 mins - just had to wait for them to laminate my card.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Even with the new idiot Sherrif they elected? Thinking I may get mine finally. The sheriff here in Wilson county is not exactly the most fun friendly guy around. He was not happy when the ATF removed the local sheriff sign off on suppressors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not had to deal with our new idiot Sheriff. Still can't believe he beat out Donnie!! We had four of us renew a few months apart before the elections and it was fast and easy.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This new idiot Sheriff in Wake will probably hold them the longest the law will allow. Give him a break, he’s busy trying to learn a new skill, constructing a complete grammatically correct sentence.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I’m not in wake I’m in union but I renewed mine earlier this year, they told me it would be 90 days. I had it back in a couple weeks.

useyourbow

Eight Pointer
Wife and I went in, submitted renewal 90 days prior to expiration, Wake County. I travel for work and that was the best available appointment. It took 80 days to receive. The process is a joke IMO. If I ever do anything that would cause it to be revoked I would expect a knock on the door, if not just print it for me on the spot. It's just a piece of paper not a laminated picture ID like a lot of other states. More people are killed every year by automobiles but they issue a DL on the spot. It's a power thing with these clowns.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Have you been to renew your drivers license lately. I didn't even have to look in the box and name the signs. Just sat down, answered some questions and signed.