Wader patch

Apike524

Spike
Just bought a new pair of waders and took them out 2 or 3 times. Last time out I snagged them and ripped a quarter size hole all the way through. My waders didn't come with a patch and now I'm looking for the best possible solution for the problem. As this is my first pair of waders, I'm sure I'd have much better luck finding some answers on here than searching product reviews online. Thanks for all the help.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Just bought a new pair of waders and took them out 2 or 3 times. Last time out I snagged them and ripped a quarter size hole all the way through. My waders didn't come with a patch and now I'm looking for the best possible solution for the problem. As this is my first pair of waders, I'm sure I'd have much better luck finding some answers on here than searching product reviews online. Thanks for all the help.

There is already a running thread on this in the Genera forum.
Currently there are 24 responses. Plenty of good info in that thread.
Best of luck.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
3M 5200 or Aquaseal.

5200 will not come off of anything you get it on, including your fingers.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
3M 5200 or Aquaseal.

5200 will not come off of anything you get it on, including your fingers.
Actually this stuff will get 5200 off.......

If you act quick crc 656 or wd 40 will clean 5200 off of your hands.

But ya 5200 is the best wader patching stuff for places that flex.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
SG 20 is the best patch kit to use.

I am already on my fourth pair of waders for the season. Seriously looking at purchasing a pair of Sitka if they are going to keep well with their life warranty.

Last edited:

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer

I am already on my fourth pair of waders for the season. Seriously looking at purchasing a pair of Sitka if they are going to keep well with their life warranty.
Thinking the same thing. Have you seen the high and dry waders sure shot likes?

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer

Care to elaborate on which brands you have had issues with this year, the situation in which the failure occurred and what the failure was. Just curious and would be good to know what to look out for.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Care to elaborate on which brands you have had issues with this year, the situation in which the failure occurred and what the failure was. Just curious and would be good to know what to look out for.
I too am curious how to go through 4 pairs of waders to date this season. Tearing on briars hunting thick Wood Duck swamps? Stretching the crotch too far getting in and out of boats, etc? Peppered by shot from careless hunting buddies? What gives???

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I have been through several pairs in a season before. I haven’t been able to hunt as much this year and last as I usually do but I have four pairs of waders right now. I bought two earlier this year hoping I would get to hunt more. If you wear them every day, they don’t last. Something is going to tear or leak.