ViperTrick or Stinger

court2005

Four Pointer
Torn between these two broadheads. I think both are a solid pick however I can get 4 ViperTricks for $40 as opposed to 3 Stinger for $47.

Those who have shot either one of these provide some input on them.
cd1c462baad0fdbea3ea772a5b264f27.jpg

94788e3a26553ae644e5b198e310a882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Out of a compound I assume? Viper tricks would be my choice. I have used them on a lot of critters. I can’t compare them to the stingers but I don’t like excessively long broad heads in general.

court2005

Four Pointer
Out of a compound I assume? Viper tricks would be my choice. I have used them on a lot of critters. I can’t compare them to the stingers but I don’t like excessively long broad heads in general.

Yep I shoot a Bowtech Reign 7.

wl704

Ten Pointer
Stingers work fine from a compound. This from my 60# Elite synergy.
20200921_110426.jpg

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
No reason they wouldn’t work with a compound, nice cow. I took my cow with the slick trick standards.
The longer the broad head the more likely you’ll run into issues with it not spinning true.

wl704

Ten Pointer
True on the spinning. And slick tricks are sharp.

The stinger is closer to Ashby's 3:1 ratio.

Back to the OP. Both BHs are capable. Buy a pack of each, give em a go and stick with whichever flies truist would be my advice.

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
I’ve killed a lot of critters with buzzcuts and stingers. The [emoji817] replacement no questions warranty is hard to beat. I like slick trick heads but the stingers are the most accurate BH I’ve ever shot and they zip through animals with efficiency. I shot light poundage and they just work. Shoot both and see what best fits your needs.

Last edited:

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Don't know about the viper trick but I switched from mechanical heads back to fixed using slick trick magnums. They fly true for real which was the reason I shot mechanical for years so if that goal was in the design of the viper trick I would choose it over any other heads. Plus they use really good steel

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Every pack of Magnus I’ve had spun and flew straight.

Never had the viper tricks.

Killed a pile of deer with magnums and standards.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
People really overthink broadhead choices. It’s a deer. The only thing you need to know: is it sharp and does it fly straight? Nothing else really matters.

if you are hunting elephants in Mozambique then we might have more to discuss.

True arrow flight is way more important than BH choice.

I once posed the question.......

What do you think the ratio of BHs sold to BHs that ever go through a live animal is?

😉

To answer the OP......I like the looks of the viper BH. That’s my scientific opinion. 🙂

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I have taken a few deer without slick tricks. They died too. However, I keep coming back to them. They fly well.

EMB

Ten Pointer
Viper Tricks by Slick Trick would be my choice as well. I have used slick tricks without fail through a Bowtech Destroyer for over 5 years. My broad head of choice.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
If I had to choose between those two, I'd choose the Vipertricks. They look like a cross between Slick Tricks and Thunderheads to me.
My broadhead of choice is Slick Trick magnums. They perform very well, have good blood trails, and pass through on the shot as well.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Torn between these two broadheads. I think both are a solid pick however I can get 4 ViperTricks for $40 as opposed to 3 Stinger for $47.

Those who have shot either one of these provide some input on them.
cd1c462baad0fdbea3ea772a5b264f27.jpg

94788e3a26553ae644e5b198e310a882.jpg

Man, I stocked up on Stingers when our Gander outdoors went out of business. The had them marked down to 20 bucks a pack. They are great heads from my experience.