Vintage Doubles

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Surprised no one has mentioned AYA..those are some good old shotguns and are high quality for a good price.
Especially if you could find one of the “Matadors”. Manufactured by AyA for Sears beginning back in the mid 50’s.
Good, solid quality guns with an affordable price.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Especially if you could find one of the “Matadors”. Manufactured by AyA for Sears beginning back in the mid 50’s.
Good, solid quality guns with an affordable price.
That's what I used to dove hunt with..Still in the back of the safe.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's what I used to dove hunt with..Still in the back of the safe.
The only issue I’ve ever heard of people having with them was a very few of them had trigger issues. Other than that, VERY solid reliable guns. You can still find them for <$1000 in good shape

Woods and water

Eight Pointer
I’ve got my grandfathers old lefever nitro special. I’d love to have a 20 and 410. The 12’s and 20’s aren’t too pricey comparatively to the other side by sides but 410’s will make a man dig deep in his pockets.
I have a lefever nitro special 22 guage that my granddaddy traded a deer ham for back in the 50s . Best shooting deer gun I ever handled. It no longer shoots and I have taken it to two gunsmith's. It's something to do with the firing pins. I would pay good money for it to be fixed but I don't have a knowledgeable smith near me .

Woods and water

Eight Pointer
I have a lefever nitro special 22 guage that my granddaddy traded a deer ham for back in the 50s . Best shooting deer gun I ever handled. It no longer shoots and I have taken it to two gunsmith's. It's something to do with the firing pins. I would pay good money for it to be fixed but I don't have a knowledgeable smith near me .
12 guage

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Here’s my grandfather with the lefever. When he passed away, all the sons and grandsons got to pick a gun in order of age. I chose the lefever because I have the pics. . I think it’s pretty cool to have the gun in the pictures I have framed. My dad is on the left in the pic with my grandfather and two boys. I also have the A5 my dad is holding.
85943687-0360-481F-B2E9-D9DA0D67C91C.jpegC714557A-24D0-4BE2-85D1-4B33A600BAB6.jpegB25651B7-5570-40C0-B46C-95521D51A5BE.jpeg

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Here’s my grandfather with the lefever. When he passed away, all the sons and grandsons got to pick a gun in order of age. I chose the lefever because I have the pics. . I think it’s pretty cool to have the gun in the pictures I have framed. My dad is on the left in the pic with my grandfather and two boys. I also have the A5 my dad is holding.
View attachment 52349View attachment 52350View attachment 52351
That is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.

Woods and water

Eight Pointer
Very nice , I love those old hunting photos, I also have an A5 he owed. Planning on running a few number four buck shot through it Saturday

dbcrowbar

Four Pointer
there is a nice lefever on GoWilkes for sale. I lucked up a few weeks ago and picked a nice 410 ' it has Revelation on the side looks just like a Stevens

dbcrowbar

Four Pointer
Thiught it had to have been made by them, just hadn't checked it out. I looked for 2 or 3 years for a stevens and couldn't find 1 i could aford. ran across this 1 a while back at a decient price

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thiught it had to have been made by them, just hadn't checked it out. I looked for 2 or 3 years for a stevens and couldn't find 1 i could aford. ran across this 1 a while back at a decient price
There were several “store brand” sxs made by Stevens. I have a Western Field from Montgomery Ward that’s for all intents and purposes a Stevens 311A

JJWise

Ten Pointer
That is awesome. I have my grandpas 38spl, his 22, and his 30-30 and I would love to have had some photos of him with any of those guns