VIDEO - Catfight

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was hunting with my son on opening day, and we had this big group of hens come in to feed. One of them must have called the other one fat - something about one too many trips to the corn buffet... Honestly, she was a little wide in the back end. Anyways, they got to name-calling and hair pulling. The deer (a male) decided right away that he didn't want any part of that mess. At one point, one grabbed the other one by the neck, and I thought they were gonna start rolling on the ground. One of those train wrecks you just can't quit watching.

If you've got the internet speed, put it on full HD and turn the sound up.

[VIDEO]

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Seen that not jennie in the bunch. Loved that aggressive purring. I tell you bout half time they get it going like that its hard tell who won but that one in end was mean lady. Bunch strutting girls putting on show thanks for sharing.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Day in and day out, they never miss a chance at keeping that pecking order in check. Outstanding video, thanks for posting !!!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is crazy good footage!

But that's a big group of mature hens with no poults....

Yeah not sure what’s going on with that. There was another group earlier in the season with poults, and then a group with some gobblers. Not sure if they have segregated themselves or what.

My son thought they were gobblers because they were fanned out like that.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Them hens will strut away when they get worked up like that. Sounds like you got bunch birds around

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Man I thought i had a show last week with a group of loud mouth hens but nothing like that good show,that was a mean old girl.