Venison Cube Steak (on the grill)

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I may have posted this before but couldn't find that I did (sorry if it is a duplicate).
Most people, including myself typically bread and fry cube steak but here's an option for grilling them.

Venison (or beef) cube steaks for 2-4 people
1/3 cup Dale's Sauce
1 cup French Dressing (creamy)

Start charcoals going on grill. While they heat to ready prepare the marinade into a large Ziploc bag, add the cube steaks, close bag and work marinade into and around steaks.
When coals are ready (20 minutes or so) put cube steaks on grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side (max) to a medium rare at most...enjoy.

The trick is to not marinade the steaks more than about 20 minutes as they will be very strong with the soy and saltiness of the Dale's sauce. If you have a large batch of cube steaks to cook the simple formula is 1 part Dale's sauce to 3 parts creamy French dressing- and do not over cook them.

Last edited:

DCD77

Four Pointer
You must have posted it before. I saw it, tried it and now we do this 2-3 times a month. Awesome

dirtburn

Four Pointer
Bringing an old thread back to life. Was looking for a recipe for some left over from frying a mess and found this and tried it last night, thank you for a delicious recipe. I will definitely be using it again in future.