Venison "Barbecue"

np307

Ten Pointer
Trying some venison "barbecue" this evening. It's not the real deal as the rain this week prevented me from smoking it for the couple hours I had hoped to be able to, but this whole shoulder has been circulating at 70C for 45ish hours. Letting the sauce reduce on the meat while the sweet potatoes bake, then we'll give it a try. Shredded very nicely, so I'm hopeful.20200521_173305.jpg

NC-Ratler

Four Pointer
Looks good. I love keeping the whole shoulder and then slowly cooking using it for shredded barbecue. Easiest and best use of the front shoulders. Big tendon pulls out and everything else melts away. How did it come out

np307

Ten Pointer
Looks good. I love keeping the whole shoulder and then slowly cooking using it for shredded barbecue. Easiest and best use of the front shoulders. Big tendon pulls out and everything else melts away. How did it come out
It turned out well. I will definitely do it again in the future. It is somewhat difficult to figure out how thick or thin the sauce needs to be when doing sous vide. Otherwise, no complaints. Next time I'm hoping to put it on the smoker 1st.