VA 2019 harvest info

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Makes me really wonder about these forecasts...

Interestingly enough this year was the best I’ve had on our western VA lease BUT heard the least # of birds.

I also called in several jakes.

Weather was just like here ... very wet early on then warm and dry until this weekend .. so how do they know production is low???

We saw lots of poults up there this past year and had winter flocks ranging from 20- 43 birds per flocks.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Makes me really wonder about these forecasts...

Interestingly enough this year was the best I’ve had on our western VA lease BUT heard the least # of birds.

I also called in several jakes.

Weather was just like here ... very wet early on then warm and dry until this weekend .. so how do they know production is low???

We saw lots of poults up there this past year and had winter flocks ranging from 20- 43 birds per flocks.
You can have pockets of good birds while surrounding areas have lower than average hopefully you got pocket. Be good to remember this next spring see how accurate report is

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
You can have pockets of good birds while surrounding areas have lower than average hopefully you got pocket. Be good to remember this next spring see how accurate report is
That
I understand.... just this years NC harvest though compared to reports 2 years ago doesn’t add up

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My parents lived in Bedford county for about 10 years I wish i was turkey hunting then and had made my dad find me a spot up there.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I wouldn't trust the surveys. Seems there is a lot of error. Long term trends are best tracked by harvest data, and short term trends aren't worth much except for conversation at the country store.