USPS

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
From a lot of FedEx I have seen don’t think they have enough since to pour water out of a boot.

FEDEX fellows pulled into my place today,,,,

I went out to get the item,,,

smelled that smell

turned to 6 year old grandson and said "you smell that? Remember it - that is breaks burning",,,

sure enough,,,smoke coming out of their rear duallies,,,

they were on the phone "with the warehouse",,,, pulled out - I wished them well,,,

wonder how far they got?

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Just from what I see here UPS seems have a lot better quality drivers than the others now. USPS use to but have lowered there standards just to get enough help to deliver the mail. To me FedEx is the bottom of the bucket. From a lot of FedEx I have seen don’t think they have enough since to pour water out of a boot.

My USPS guy is great, he leaves stuff in the car if I'm not home. Had the same guy for years though.

My FEDEX guy I used to have was great also. He would call me if I wasn't home and leave stuff at the shop or my brothers if I wanted. Sadly, he quit a few years ago.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
order some Minnesota trap line “gusto” you can smell the skunk essence through a glass bottle who’s top is sealed with electrical tape inside of a box that is wrapped in electrical tape. Fastest I ever got a damn thing from them. Package was here 2 days early lol.

They probably thought it was weed

timber

Twelve Pointer
My USPS guy is great, he leaves stuff in the car if I'm not home. Had the same guy for years though.

My FEDEX guy I used to have was great also. He would call me if I wasn't home and leave stuff at the shop or my brothers if I wanted. Sadly, he quit a few years ago.

Agree some out there are good. My family full of retired USPS workers. Wife retired couple years ago with 33 years as postmaster but it has steadily gone down hill the last 10 or so years. If she had known she could bring same money home retired as she was working she would have retired sooner

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator

We are fortunate in that regard too with our postman. She’s asked for alternate places to stash stuff if we aren’t home. Had something expensive come one time so she called me and said she noticed my truck was unlocked and asked if she could put package in there and lock it up. We had a small loveseat delivered by FedEx during a heavy rain when we weren’t there. The box was 6ft tall. They covered it with a bag that wouldn’t be sufficient enough for a 50 gal drum lol. Picture a shoebox standing on end with a condom stretched over the top. 🤣

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
FedEx has been the absolute worst for us.
Have lived at this address for 40 years, address #'s on both sides of the mailbox, and knock on wood, USPS & UPS have been very reliable all those days / all those years.

But FedEx routinely has delivery problems...current one is:
Received a text just before Thanksgiving that a package had been delivered.
Didn't happen...we were here all day, plus security cameras recorded nothing.
Called FedEx, they opened a case, gave me a case #.
Heard nothing back from FedEx.

Fast forward through Thanksgiving to Sunday, another resident in the subdivision stopped by with my package.
Still haven't heard a thing from FedEx.

Happens about once a month...
Oh I have gotten several of those.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
My manager mails me an expense check once a month. He places it in the mail on Sunday afternoon and it arrives around Thursday, sometimes Friday, sometimes Sat, and even had instances where it did not arrive at all. This is Greensboro to Greenville.

Three times this summer/fall we had FedEx pull in the driveway, sit there a few minutes, then back out and leave. We had tracking numbers and were expecting packages to be delivered those days. Later that night, track package and it would say unable to deliver due to weather or some other crazy reason. Once, I knew package would be heavy, so saw truck pull in driveway and noticed it was a female driver and went outside, so I could get package for her. She sits in driveway about 5 minutes and finally looks at me and says sorry package isn’t on this truck. I’m about done with FedEx. Our company is constantly shipping work equipment around and we use a lot of pelican cases. In the past, I could zip tie the pelican cases and ship it. Now FedEx (at least FedEx in Greenville) is charging a fee if the pelican case is not in a box.

One of my neighbors across the street works for UPS and I’ve asked him numerous times if he can permanently assign the cute young female driver to our neighborhood. Evidently he doesn’t listen too well.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
One took more time to make it to Hillsborough than it would to walk there from Greensboro, which is NOT where it should be. The other.....who knows, last seen in St Paul MN

mdunker

Ten Pointer
I had a USPS priority mail coming to me in Greensboro from Rolesville. It left on the 27th and still not delivered. Updated tracking says I will get it Friday. It arrived at the Greensboro distribution site on the 29th! I could have walked to Rolesville and be back already.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Typically, I am a pretty patient guy. Try not to take any frustrations out on delivery drivers when it usually isn't their fault. However, it really chaps me when they mark a package as delivered when it really isn't. When I call because the package can't be found they say to check with other houses on my "street." There are only two houses on this dead end .35 mile long road and they have to go .2 miles past my house to get to the other one which belongs to my brother. Basically, I think the drivers are marking them delivered to meet their contractual obligations and then dropping them off the next time they are out this way a couple of days later.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Priority doesn’t mean anything, unless you pay for next day the times are only estimates and only next day has a guarantee. They preached that when I worked there, you’d be amazed how your mail is treated in the office. Easiest way to describe it is watch the first few scenes of Ace Ventura.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Priority doesn’t mean anything, unless you pay for next day the times are only estimates and only next day has a guarantee. They preached that when I worked there, you’d be amazed how your mail is treated in the office. Easiest way to describe it is watch the first few scenes of Ace Ventura.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't advertise it as then.....

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I mentioned my frustrations with them in another thread.

My wife just told me she has a package that was supposed to be here Nov 24th, and it's been sitting in Greensboro since the 22nd.

pinkfletch

Ten Pointer
USPS Greensboro is like the black hole of US mail and it must have something to do with with the georagaphy of the region as I have had several UPS packages "dissapear" from the distribution center there as well.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They most likely lost it at Greensboro

That's what we are thinking.

A while back I mailed out 6 identical packages, on a Saturday. Long story short, Montana package made it on Tuesday... 3 days later. Every other package left Greensboro, went back to Greensboro, left again, then kicked around the country until they finally made it.

One bound for Connecticut, was in it's regional facility for a couple days, before heading out to Missouri to stay in a facility there for a week, before returning east.

Wlfpkmann 1178

What's up with shipping these days? Never have i had this many issues. I'm sick of paying for priority shipping to have a package dissappear for 1-3 weeks.
Usps, UPS, LTL has all been effected. I am in an industry that relies on it. Been really tough doing business.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Ordered product on 11/23 and shipped from Baton Rouge with delivery estimated on 11/30. USPS says package waiting to go to next terminal and only says that there will be a delay. No chit. If USPS were a private company they would probably be profitable.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I don't have anything i "need" to buy so I'm done with online purchases until they can get it together, I ordered some firearms related stuff and usps lost it, company I ordered from is trying on their end so I don't blame them but I'm done ordering for awhile.

Wlfpkmann 1178

I'm sorry but a package jumping back and forth from one place to another isn't anything to do with volume. Its a waste of time and money on USPS part
That's what I'm trying to say. It sucks. They take advantage of the easiest way to ship and by swapping back and forth between carriers they're not thinking of the service that they're giving other people. I definitely feel your pain. I've been directly affected just like you. You make a great point.