USPS

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
That's what I'm trying to say. It sucks. They take advantage of the easiest way to ship and by swapping back and forth between carriers they're not thinking of the service that they're giving other people. I definitely feel your pain. I've been directly affected just like you. You make a great point.

I mean literally jumping back and forth. Like once a package gets to Greensboro its like the label goes bad and suddenly gets sent somewhere else than it should be. Its ridiculous

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I mean literally jumping back and forth. Like once a package gets to Greensboro its like the label goes bad and suddenly gets sent somewhere else than it should be. Its ridiculous

Experienced this too. One of my 6 packages was delivered to a random address here in our zip code, and according to the tracking history it was "per my forwarding instructions"....?

Thanks to the integrity of the unintended recipient, the package eventually found it's home in Nebraska.

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
my postal carrier told me that Post Master General lives in Greensboro and was appointed by Trump and that many employees are trying to make him look bad by deliberately delaying scanning and losing packages. couple weeks ago my fill in carrier at work picked up outgoing mail 2 doors up and delivered to our office as he picked up our outgoing. dont know if deliberate but this is not first time :donk:donk:donk:donk like this has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Had a shipment from Duluth Trading that was tendered to US Mail on Nov 23 in Cary, NC. On Nov 24 it went to the Greensboro, NC post office. On Nov 25 it was processed in Butner, NC. On Dec 3 it was processed in the Greensboro, NC Post Office. It has apparently been sitting there ever since......

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Had a shipment from Duluth Trading that was tendered to US Mail on Nov 23 in Cary, NC. On Nov 24 it went to the Greensboro, NC post office. On Nov 25 it was processed in Butner, NC. On Dec 3 it was processed in the Greensboro, NC Post Office. It has apparently been sitting there ever since......

Greensboro is a big black hole of no return...

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dec. 1st I mailed 4 simple flat packages at a post office...to be in Raleigh, NC...Sumter SC...Charlotte, NC...and Ohio by Dec. 3rd.
Latest USPS Tracking today showed they only just left Raleigh at 1:30am today, December 6th !!!

timber

Twelve Pointer
Greensboro district be going down for a while. When you put incompetent people in charge and then they hire people to work under them that are clueless you can’t expect anything better. Surprised it’s operates good as it does

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Took 7 days from the time my mom mailed a letter in Greensboro to get to me. About 25 miles as the crow flies....

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I ordered some ammo Friday evening from Outdoor Limited in High Point...shipping by FedEx...delivered this morning at 10:15. Fellow was driving a Uhaul truck.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
so.....one package showed up. The other....still lost. Wonder if I'd get it quicker if they found out they have been hauling primers around for 2+ weeks. I didn't do it....the company i bought them from did

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe shipping would be more efficient, therefore more timely, if they grouped up the packages to one address. I have had three deliveries today.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe shipping would be more efficient, therefore more timely, if they grouped up the packages to one address. I have had three deliveries today.

I’m the last house on my street and get 3-4 amazon trucks turning around in my drive most days.

CarolinaReaper

Well, my package fell into the USPS void that is Greensboro. Look at this crap. It sat supposedly in Greensboro for 3 days and then magically arrived there again.

Tracking History

December 14, 2020

In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 13, 2020, 5:49 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
GREENSBORO NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 10, 2020, 12:14 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 3, 2020, 9:51 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 3, 2020, 8:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
December 3, 2020, 7:38 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
HIALEAH, FL 33013
December 2, 2020, 11:59 am
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
HOMESTEAD, FL 33033
December 2, 2020, 7:33 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HIALEAH, FL 33013

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, my package fell into the USPS void that is Greensboro. Look at this crap. It sat supposedly in Greensboro for 3 days and then magically arrived there again.

Tracking History

December 14, 2020

In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 13, 2020, 5:49 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
GREENSBORO NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 10, 2020, 12:14 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 3, 2020, 9:51 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
December 3, 2020, 8:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
December 3, 2020, 7:38 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
HIALEAH, FL 33013
December 2, 2020, 11:59 am
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
HOMESTEAD, FL 33033
December 2, 2020, 7:33 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HIALEAH, FL 33013
Amateur 😁

WormFarmer

Button Buck
Just from what I see here UPS seems have a lot better quality drivers than the others now. USPS use to but have lowered there standards just to get enough help to deliver the mail. To me FedEx is the bottom of the bucket. From a lot of FedEx I have seen don’t think they have enough since to pour water out of a boot.
Well that is good to know. I depend on shippers to get my red worms safely to my customers all over NC and beyond. There is little local market for red worms in Boone for some reason. My experience so far is that USPS is pretty reliable as of now(95 percent success rate, even when sent through greensboro). UPS has been spot on and my customers are getting their worms the very next day(in NC)
I've never shipped with fed ex and now I really won't. I sometimes get neighbors packages delivered to my house(fed ex). They seem to be quite sloppy.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
Just shipped USPS a small box 5.5" x5.5 " x2" weighed 1 lb. 2 oz. , 3- day priority is actually 5 days to Illinois was $11.20 .

Ive got some shotgun parts being shipped to me priority mail/ 3day. They gave me a tracking # and told me it was picked up yesterday but usps website says it hasn't been picked up and no tracking info is available.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just received a set of dies after almost a month, they were shipped USPS priority.
I got a very small padded envelope that had been to Greensboro 9 times, sent out on January 14th. The guy issued a refund 2 days prior to getting this. Now I have to figure out how to pay him...not that I want to.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I ordered some fishing lures from upstate New York on 2-20-21 with an expected delivery date of 2-27-21. They were picked up by the USPS and haven't been seen since. The notation on top of the tracking form says:
Due to severe weather, packages may be delayed.
Evidently so.

Jim

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
My buddy back home in nc shipped me some lead shot feb 10th. Just got it today. It supposedly sat on a truck in raleigh over 2 weeks

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just received a set of dies after almost a month, they were shipped USPS priority.
I got a very small padded envelope that had been to Greensboro 9 times, sent out on January 14th. The guy issued a refund 2 days prior to getting this. Now I have to figure out how to pay him...not that I want to.

In his defense, USPS was the issue, not him.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I ordered a part for my last bike on February 8th with it being shipped from the supplier on the 10th, from California. As of last Friday it was still in California. I recieved it this Monday, March 1st.... most other items I've have shipped came as expected, through UPS, or USPS. I'll not make the same statement about fed ex....I avoid them if at all possible. Have actually changed vendors due to the shipper they deal with.