Moved Using dogs for deer

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ok I will, not sure but almost positive they do. I know late in the season last year they were. I went with them then.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ah ok I'm in Whitley. I know a good few of the Morgan guys. I do enjoy our joint club hunts that we have when game lands comes in.

Dang - small world - we've probably passed on Hoffman road a time or three - every once in a while I catch up some Whitley dogs (I butt up againts game lands) - seems like a good crew

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Dang - small world - we've probably passed on Hoffman road a time or three - every once in a while I catch up some Whitley dogs (I butt up againts game lands) - seems like a good crew

More than likely we have passed. Yes the guys in my club is a good bunch. Maybe we can try to set up a joint club .hunt once season comes in.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
I’ve probably killed a train car full of deer in front of dogs. So give it a rest. I’ve been there and done that. My group killed 8 hogs with dogs last weekend. I’ve personally witnessed over 20 Bears die with dogs. I have nothing against dog hunting if done properly. Hell, I killed my first deer in front of dogs in 1985.

You are picking the wrong fight.

Hogs in Bertie BuxNDux?

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Personally I,would like to see deer hunting with dogs done away with in Moore co. No use in it anymore,or ever were.Wild,deer all,season ,Trespassers on private land ,shooting from public roads,to many folks trying to hunt now,and plenty of deer,Anyone can shot OT at a deer after a dog has found,it ,No skills needed. I have killed,several in front of a dog but was not part of the hunt.They crossed my,land.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Personally I,would like to see deer hunting with dogs done away with in Moore co. No use in it anymore,or ever were.Wild,deer all,season ,Trespassers on private land ,shooting from public roads,to many folks trying to hunt now,and plenty of deer,Anyone can shot OT at a deer after a dog has found,it ,No skills needed. I have killed,several in front of a dog but was not part of the hunt.They crossed my,land.
I could have sworn deer were wild in the first place, who would have thunk it?

RJ1

Ten Pointer
I think he wants dog hunting stopped in Moore county however he has no idea what the true concept of what hunting with a hound is to a true houndsman it has nothing to do with the kill its all about the chase. The problems he says he has with dog hunters are the same problems I have every year with rouge still hunters. If somebody is going to do wrong what method of hunting they use is not going to matter.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I bet you have broken game laws more than most deer dog hunters. The kill for a houndsman is second to the hunt and chase.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer

I find it a little confusing as well. Not sure it would be in the best interest of a taxidermist to say "to many folks trying to hunt now". Also not sure what he is saying about his skills as a hunter "No skill needed. I have killed several in front of a dog but was not part of the hunt."

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Hard for me to take someone serious when their grammar and sentence structure is as atrocious as this. Next....

Trappertod

Six Pointer
I used to be in the camp of no dog hunting, until I went dog hunting. I am a stander in a dog club and I love it. My son loves it too because it is about the hunt. It is faster paced. We still hunt too, but I love dog hunting for deer. We sportsman are going to have to learn to team up and band together for our sport. From what I see people are trying to take it from us on every hand. I know some dog clubs are not the best folks, I fortunately landed in one that is, we are good neighbors. I am a trapper too and I have learned there is room for all, we just need to communicate. As for the OP, if you want to hunt with us, just hit me up. We run every Fri and Sat.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Personally,I,would,like,to,see,the,comma,key,on,your,computer,done,away,with,