Used Truck Dealers

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do the dealers have a better way to find what's out there than me sitting here looking all over the net?

I'm looking something specific.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
how new of a truck are you looking for? Carvana has a pretty good search, i assume large places like carmax would as well.

LDG

Twelve Pointer
Car guru. You can enter exactly what you're looking for. It's an app you can download.

billyearl

Six Pointer
Contributor
is there a better way to find a used truck than Autotrader of Craigslist?
For over forty years I've had good dealings with Steve and Mark Hamilton at Hamilton's Auto sales ( also Main Street Motors) on Hwy 42 West of Fuquay-Varina, NC. Their current inventory is available on line. Talk to 'em. They can hunt down whatever you need. 919-552-4452. Bill Driver

“J”

Twelve Pointer
It’s been a while since I’ve looked at a standard cab truck. Just did a quick search. Wow…. Those things are pricey!
Best advise I can give, branch out too 500 miles and see what’s out there. My last 6 vehicles have been online purchases. Negotiations through email is a great tool at your disposal. You can explain exactly what your wants are and can take your time answering them.
I bought my last truck in Huntington WV. Was working with dealerships in Va and Pa and Ohio. The dealership in Wv was more motivated then the rest.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
define how "used" you are looking,,, that will drive where to look

when I got to get a "new to me" vehicle, it usually has 16,000 t0 20,000 miles
last three trucks I have bought (my 2014, my wife's 2020 Colorado, and my 2020) all had 17,000 miles

it's a sweet spot for me for cost versus life

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You may hate this idea…but we were getting really good deals from enterprise buying fleet trucks from them. They are all technically work trucks….but about half of them were not base models. It may be worth a phone call. The only issue i can think of out of any of them was broken exhaust manifold studs. They were good trucks.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
W
You may hate this idea…but we were getting really good deals from enterprise buying fleet trucks from them. They are all technically work trucks….but about half of them were not base models. It may be worth a phone call. The only issue i can think of out of any of them was broken exhaust manifold studs. They were good trucks.
orked at dealership and used Enterprise as our rental company. The deal was they service their vehicles there. We couldn’t even get them to do recalls. Their thoughts and I understand is that if the vehicle is in the shop it’s not on the road making money. Each branch is different of course but before I purchased from any company selling their fleet I’d have it checked out.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
Don’t know what brand you are looking for but I had to make a run down to Easley SC this morning and Mike Hovart Chevy had a nice red RCSB 4x4 Chevy sitting on the used side, I wanna think it was a 2019 on the windshield, I tried to look on the interweb for you but they hadn’t got it on the website yet