Upgrades are nice

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Since I’m chasing antelope in 3 weeks I broke down and bought some new arrows, a new sight and a new release. While I like my Short N Sweet I hate the fact that it’s always dangling and isn’t a fold back. Went with a Scott Talon and man do I like it already, no worrying about putting torque on the string with that swiveling head, it folds back easily and the break is crisp. The Short N Sweet has been moved to being my backup. Was in need of a new sight since I had broken one of my Copper John’s pins and decided to go with a Trophy Ridged Fix 5, fully micro-adjustable for under $100. While I still want a 3 or 5 pin slider in the future, this sight is easy to adjust and has some bright .19 pins; it’s really all I need and would suggest it to anyone looking for something that won’t break the bank and has some quality to it. Finally, after cracking two of my arrows this past week it was time to go get new ones, plus I was a bit underspined when I moved up to 125 gr heads. Went with the Goldtip Hunter Pros in a .300 spine and they fly great. Didn’t need to touch anything to broadhead tune as the stiffer spine brought my field points and broadheads together those final 2” I couldn’t get the .340’s to do. Only got 6 to try out but will go get another 6 before my trip now that I know they fly well out of my bow. Maybe next year I’ll finally get my own saw and fletching jig and really start fine tuning and building my own. Just figured I’d give a quick review if anyone was in the same bot as me.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
If you ever decide to go 3 pin slider check out the black gold ascent. It’s a very nice sight. Tried HHA 3 pin slider before the ascent. HHA makes great stuff, the 3 pin slider was not their best effort.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
If you ever decide to go 3 pin slider check out the black gold ascent. It’s a very nice sight. Tried HHA 3 pin slider before the ascent. HHA makes great stuff, the 3 pin slider was not their best effort.
That’s what I plan on going with, was planning to this year but decided to not spend $200 on it and put that towards tags.