Bryson’s family posted this on Facebook
Monday night's update:
Praise!
They removed the ventilator this evening and right away
he was talking wanting chapstick and the dead skin
removed. He is very active with his right arm. When
Carson was in the room he asked Bry "who was this?"
And immediately he answered "Bubba." He is resting
and still occasionally opening his eyes and trying to talk.
The Dr is very pleased with what he is seeing.
Tomorrow they plan to remove the external ventricular
device from his head tomorrow which was to monitor
cerebral fluids/pressure on his brain.
He is still on lasix to keep the swelling down and still has
a fever. They are watching that with Tylenol and
ibuprofen. Pray that will go down.
We are praying for a night of rest, lab work to remain
good, and fever to go down. Keep those prayers coming!

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Bryson’s family posted this on Facebook
Monday night's update:
Praise!
They removed the ventilator this evening and right away
he was talking wanting chapstick and the dead skin
removed. He is very active with his right arm. When
Carson was in the room he asked Bry "who was this?"
And immediately he answered "Bubba." He is resting
and still occasionally opening his eyes and trying to talk.
The Dr is very pleased with what he is seeing.
Tomorrow they plan to remove the external ventricular
device from his head tomorrow which was to monitor
cerebral fluids/pressure on his brain.
He is still on lasix to keep the swelling down and still has
a fever. They are watching that with Tylenol and
ibuprofen. Pray that will go down.
We are praying for a night of rest, lab work to remain
good, and fever to go down. Keep those prayers coming!
Keeping on

BengalTiger

Six Pointer
Saturday, January 8th Morning Update: from Bryson’s mom

Yesterday was pretty decent no real hiccups just still fighting the fever and the agitation. The agitation is real and no quick fix. He himself is going well over 48 hours with very little sleep. He likes to catch little 10 minute cat naps here and there but,not very often. During the night the calming meds may have gave us a total of 30 minutes of calmness. He is strong and determined to win this battle. He managed to beat me in a arm wrestle match last night and pulled more stitches from his forehead. Someone will look at that this morning to see if they need to restitch. There are times it takes two of us at the time to win the arm wrestling match. Thank God for Motrin and Ben Gay. 😀 Today’s prayer request would be for calmness without sedation and some feeling to come back on left side. Pray for fever to go away. Pray for peace and understanding. Pray for all those that were involved and witnessed this horrible accident. Pray for his doctors and nurses. Pray for rest, we are tired and weary but ,blessed. Pray that we will be able to bring our little man home. We love you all! 💚💚💚# BBB

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
This has brought back a lot of memories for me. I was present when a family member was shot in a hunting accident. All that were involved are in my prayers!

BengalTiger

Six Pointer
Tuesday Morning January 11th
Thank you all for the prayers and love last night. I was able to remember that setbacks are expected. We have seen a miracle in recovery being a sprinter's speed, but the long road to recovery is going to be a marathon. We have to prepare for that and know your prayers will continue to see us through the difficult journey. We have seen some more answers to prayer! The medical team switched some medicines around and Bry was able to rest very well last night! That was definitely needed!! In regards to our concerns with Covid restrictions being increased God sent a social worker in at the right time. Darrell, Carson, and myself can continue to be by his side. Praise the Lord!
Bryson is still running a fever and has a lot of congestion. They did a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia this morning. Keep praying that they can figure this out and his fever to go down today. Pray that the medical team can have wisdom to make decisions that is the best for Bryson. Thank you so much for your prayers! A little prayer goes a long way. We can definitely feel all the love. 💚💚💚
#BBB

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Tuesday Morning January 11th
Thank you all for the prayers and love last night. I was able to remember that setbacks are expected. We have seen a miracle in recovery being a sprinter's speed, but the long road to recovery is going to be a marathon. We have to prepare for that and know your prayers will continue to see us through the difficult journey. We have seen some more answers to prayer! The medical team switched some medicines around and Bry was able to rest very well last night! That was definitely needed!! In regards to our concerns with Covid restrictions being increased God sent a social worker in at the right time. Darrell, Carson, and myself can continue to be by his side. Praise the Lord!
Bryson is still running a fever and has a lot of congestion. They did a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia this morning. Keep praying that they can figure this out and his fever to go down today. Pray that the medical team can have wisdom to make decisions that is the best for Bryson. Thank you so much for your prayers! A little prayer goes a long way. We can definitely feel all the love. 💚💚💚
#BBB
Glad to hear restrictions didn’t stop y’all from being able to stay at his bedside. Sounds like he is continuing to make progress. More prayers inbound. Not sure if I missed it in a previous post, but what’s the status of his lung? I know you’d mentioned earlier there was concern of collapse. Hang in there . Tell your boy the Yancey county crew is pulling for him.

BengalTiger

Six Pointer
Glad to hear restrictions didn’t stop y’all from being able to stay at his bedside. Sounds like he is continuing to make progress. More prayers inbound. Not sure if I missed it in a previous post, but what’s the status of his lung? I know you’d mentioned earlier there was concern of collapse. Hang in there . Tell your boy the Yancey county crew is pulling for him.
Thanks for all the prayers. I’m getting all updates via Facebook as I’m not family but Bryson has played baseball with my nephew.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Thanks for all the prayers. I’m getting all updates via Facebook as I’m not family but Bryson has played baseball with my nephew.
Ten four sounds like he’s still family. I know people that wouldn’t put the effort into asking for prayers for their own flesh n blood. Glad to hear he’s fighting strong

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not sure how I missed this for so many days, but I'm sending more prayers for Bryson's healing and comfort for his family. Stay strong

BengalTiger

Six Pointer
I haven’t put out any updates lately but here is a couple of updates from today.

We are starting out a little slow this morning. Fever back up to 104 but, it is slowly coming back down. He doesn’t seem to be as alert this morning but, that’s probably the fever. Pray for answers and resolutions to get rid of the fevers. Pray for Bryson!! 💚💚💚 #BBB
Today Bryson has had a setback and the medical team needs prayer as they are trying to decide the next step. They need the fluid on his brain to drain.
Please pray! This is an urgent matter.
💚💚💚
#BBB