Update Thursday 5/20 Trapper John aka 41Magnum has passed away

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
The story is all too familiar. I lost my grandfather and grandmother the same way, double pneumonia after covid. Prayers for his family

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was fortunate to meet John several times. When I g started in coyote trapping, he helped me out quite a bit. I throughly enjoyed the conversations I had with him.

He was a good man and he will be missed.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Just a sad story all around. I never had the fortune of meeting him, but dang if he wasn’t one of the most faithful and helpful contributors to this board. I wish I could’ve helped, and wish I could’ve known him.
I hope his next iteration is a peaceful one.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Was his wife able to get there in time?
Yeah she got there earlier in the week. I just talked to Johns SIL a few min ago. Joy and their daughter got a call this morning saying his blood pressure was dropping. They got there and said their goodbyes and he was dead within an hour and a half. John was one hell of a friend and mentor to me. And not just regarding the outdoors. He was an eternal optimist and in the 4 years we were friends, I NEVER heard him say a bad word about someone else that came up in a discussion. Sometimes he would get a little snarky on the forum tho lol. One word I’ll always think about regarding John is integrity . Every commitment he ever made to me , he kept. I’m missing him already. I wish the young man I mentor would’ve had the opportunity to meet him.