Up and coming freak

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
Just curious?? Could that actually be a wart instead of antler? Don’t get me wrong I hope it is antler and gets big and you get him cause that will be a good one!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, it appears to be damaged. It does look like it's coming out of the base of the antler, but I don't think it's going to grow into anything at this point.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have read before that the annual miracle of antler growth is a product of genetically controlled cancerous growth. I wonder if something went wrong on the control side of things with this guy.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Ive got a buck that I killed in Illinois like that.
It did harden and shed out, leaving a drop tine of sorts with a big pock mark where the infection was. I believe it started with a bug/insect of some sorts latching onto very tender matter where the antler was most bulbous at the time it started eating away.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Ive got a buck that I killed in Illinois like that.
It did harden and shed out, leaving a drop tine of sorts with a big pock mark where the infection was. I believe it started with a bug/insect of some sorts latching onto very tender matter where the antler was most bulbous at the time it started eating away.
Thanks ! That makes as much sense as anything that I have come up with .