Unique Find

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
To set the stage...

I was feeding cows when a few heads turned so I looked and saw nothing. Then a couple were intently looking so I looked again and saw a yote on the ridge 150 yards away at the tree line. I went to my truck about 60 yards away and got my 1911. I return where cows were behind me and shoot all but one round. The yote scurries down a draw and I send the last round.

Slide the next mag in and walk down to see if I hit the yote. A bent white and yellow object caught my eye and I kind of forgot about the yote. A 20x14 metal sign with my Grandpa’s name. Washed it up and added it to my decor.

0459F0A9-6FEE-4219-8694-B8CC1E45BB6B.jpeg

Anybody know what the significance of this ‘award’ is? I assume it’s like the seed company signs ‘look at me’. Haven’t found anything online yet.

As for the yote? I sheepishly admit I don’t think I hit it. I need to find an old cheap beater rifle to have stashed for times like this.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Technically this is a bicentennial farm but we’ve never gone through the trouble to have the fancy sign 😁

I’m speculating it has more to do with having separate services setup and Duke Power trying to use the ‘award’ as advertising. I do not know if PawPaw was compensated for hanging the shingle but it was hung up at some point.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
It may not be as sexy as a leg lamp....but I think it still should be considered a "major award"! ;)

I agree it was likely a promotional sort of thing by Duke to try and get more farmers to go "all electric". It might be interesting to find out how / why the sign ended up where it did. Regardless, I think it's a cool find...I would definitely display it too.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
After perusing the internet some I found initiatives that pushed ‘live electrically’.