Unfathomable Situation

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Unfortunately, responding to a mva that a family member, friend is can happen. I found out the day after who the guy was who was killed in an mva. He was a really good guy. A lady on our squad was 1st on scene to a mva. Her dad was terribly injured. He passed several days later at Chapel Hill. She had to quit the squad. I feel for the medic in the article. Sad.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Never had a call with a family member..... I did have one with a MVA on a rural road late one night where the lady was ejected out of the vehicle after missing a curve and hitting a bolder. 10 minutes later she was run over by a another vehicle. She was in rough shape. We put MAST Trousers on her and she regained consciousness and talked with me some on the way to the hospital. She died a few hours later.. I went to work the next morning and found out she was the sister of one of my co workers.
Working rescue in a small town it was always a good bet that someone was related or a friend. As a transplant into the community I had very few experiences with people I really knew. I always volunteered for call on Prom night.
I'm sorry this medic had to experience this tragedy.