Umarex Javelin

Hazmt

Six Pointer
Anybody here tried deer hunting with the ‘new’ air ‘bows?’ Saw a Tim Wells video where he whacked a Texas coyote with one. I obviously don’t need to take up yet another hobby, but it looks kinda neat!

Amazon has one that throws a carbon- crossbow looking dart around 350fps…

Attachments

• 9D31FCC3-1CE0-4F51-9DA5-09F85EF6BE2A.jpeg
    9D31FCC3-1CE0-4F51-9DA5-09F85EF6BE2A.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17

Lee

Six Pointer
Anybody here tried deer hunting with the ‘new’ air ‘bows?’ Saw a Tim Wells video where he whacked a Texas coyote with one. I obviously don’t need to take up yet another hobby, but it looks kinda neat!

I have not considered getting one for deer hunting, but as an air gunner I have thought about one as a toy. Maybe shoot the occasional coyote that roams through the neighborhood.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer

Pretty interesting concept, but if you're deer hunting you have to use it during firearm season only.

Hazmt

Six Pointer
I found a video or 2 of guys hunting with these successfully. So - I guess it could be done. Heck, my kids do most of the freezer filling now. I only shot 1 doe last year.

Didn’t know if anyone here might have tried the ‘airgun’ or ‘airbow’ thing for deer.

I thought this was an interesting idea though. I haven’t archery hunted in decades, but have been contemplating on taking one with a crossbow this year. This Umarex thing is cheaper than a crossbow!

Reactions: CRC

Hazmt

Six Pointer
The Umarex thing is smoothbore arrow flinger. CRC -you taken a deer with an air rifle?

Reactions: CRC

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I do like the price of it compared to the Crosman air bow

Which like the Umarex is not actually a rifle.

Last edited: