Typical

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Yup! I lost count of the ducks I saw today doing some field work at a quarry. Redheads, mallards, teal, wood ducks, ring necks, buffleheads. Seemed like every pocket of water had ducks on it.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I've had hunts years ago where all I saw was Canvasbacks, 100's of them. I had to let groups pass as we were only allowed to kill one per limit and I didn't want to shoot 2 on accident.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I remember when I was a kid, and the only birds we could decoy were Cans, and you couldn't shoot one. That really sucked. They would land in the decoys. Flock after flock 15-30 birds at a time... It was cool to watch, but that's about it. lol

gone_huntin

Four Pointer
We had 5 bluebills sit on the pond we were goose hunting all morning Saturday, and all 5 appeared to be very well fed, fat and happy. They didn't flush or spook even with the dog running around every so often, or us getting up out of the blind and walking around, picking up decoys, etc. They just contently swam around on the other end of the pond, diving periodically, and minded their own business. I was mostly just shocked to see bluebills in the Greensboro area.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
There were 3 Golden Eyes on our pond last week (Caswell county).
First time I've ever seen one in this area.

GobblinNC

Four Pointer
There were 3 Golden Eyes on our pond last week (Caswell county).
First time I've ever seen one in this area.
That is interesting you say that. This weekend I watched a pond with 17 canvasbacks and redheads on it in Caswell. First canvasbacks I had ever seen.