Type of mushroom?

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
This was posted on Mushroom Club of Charlotte, NC recently. Said he watched it for about 3 weeks. 12 pounds, 9 ounces.

Screenshot_20191214-165018_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191214-164157_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191214-165018_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191214-165018_Gallery.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 31

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I know I’ve seen them years ago BUT since knowing what they are I couldn’t find one this past Spring to save my life 😂
Where I'm from is further west than where your hunting and I'd find them lot during first 3 weeks April so I'd bet depending on weather you should see them early April maybe through the month if stays cool enough. If you have creek look along it if you have Any dead trees definitely check them out especially ash trees and edge habitat. Hopefully the deer ain't getting them all.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Where I'm from is further west than where your hunting and I'd find them lot during first 3 weeks April so I'd bet depending on weather you should see them early April maybe through the month if stays cool enough. If you have creek look along it if you have Any dead trees definitely check them out especially ash trees and edge habitat. Hopefully the deer ain't getting them all.
Will do.. we have several creeks running through property.

1 in particular has lots of dead trees... will check it

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
c920c353c4f6ca2ab00f2291a6d49c90.jpg

Saw this today Lions Mane?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Thx. Never had them. Might give em a try

Highly recommend.. if you do harvest it then it’s simple

Take a knife and cut the back side “stem” about 1/2” off tree so that it leaves root for it to hopefully grow next year

The mushroom is really firm and not fragile like you would think

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
Highly recommend.. if you do harvest it then it’s simple

Take a knife and cut the back side “stem” about 1/2” off tree so that it leaves root for it to hopefully grow next year

The mushroom is really firm and not fragile like you would think

Thx! Maybe harvest and fry up this weekend