Two man ladder stands

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
Looking for a good and safe two man ladder stand that doesn’t break the bank. Looking for something safe and easy to set up for my 9 year old son. Anyone recommend a good brand to look at? My last one just got aced out by a logging crew!

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Big Game make a a good one , the ones that Wal-Mart sells are good too. I've got a couple of each one of those.

Don't use them too much anymore. Most of my hunts are in box bilnds or ground blinds nowadays.

624c

Six Pointer
Cheap Ameristep 2 man ladder stand from walmart. Been hunting out of it for 6 years. I like it because it is all steel, and no fabric mesh seats to dry rot. At first I was not doing too well out of that stand, then I hung burlap just around the bottom, and started seeing some deer. Then I wrapped burlap around the tree and brought it around to the sides and front, so I was in a little burlap cave, basically concealing my from all sides and making me a shadow in the dark in the open side. Pew pew pew pew ever since I did that. It comes w/ a cushion that attaches to the seat, but its velcro's to the bench...I left it on there, and quickly learned it holds water...after that I threw it away and just carry a small seat pad to sit on. I also lashed a milk crate to the side of the stand to hold my stuff while I sit.

OntheHunt

Four Pointer

decoycarver

Six Pointer
I like the Ameristep as well. Great value for the money. The one downside, which is with about all ladder stands, is that the shooting rail isn't adjustable, or high enough to be of much use. Thought I'd share a hack I use. These are cheap, and you attach it to the shooting rail on each side where it meets the other metal, and you can adjust the height.

Sigma Electric ProConnex 1/2-in Beam Clamp Conduit Fittings in the Conduit Fittings department at Lowes.com
Have any pics of this setup? I gave up trying to find a shooting rail that is actually tall enough to shoot off of. Most of them hit me at the waist

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
Have any pics of this setup? I gave up trying to find a shooting rail that is actually tall enough to shoot off of. Most of them hit me at the waist

Next time I go out I'll take a pic. It's really simple. Where the shooting rail meets the metal from the frame, you clamp that on basically so that it doesn't let the rail sit flush because the clamp blocks it.. You can slide it up and down to raise/lower the bar as needed.