Twin Cities Shooting Range- Pleasant Hill, NC

tbear2

Spike
Anyone have information on this shooting range or perhaps shot here. Looking for somewhere to shoot closer to Lake Gaston/Littleton. The range in Warrenton is an hour away & only available to nonmembers on weekends.
tbear

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I have a friend in it...It used to have a waiting list but not sure if it still does. It had a upfront cost of like $300 and then $100 a year, but dont quote me on the cost Im going off memory šŸ˜›
There is a new range outside Jackson beside Odom prison but depending on where you are on Lake Gaston Warrenton may be closer.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I was forced to drive about 1.5 hrs to the closest range in years past.
No reason not to joint. I looked at it like going to the lake. Just plan to spend most the day. My range now is between Gaston and Raleigh. Maybe about 45 min. When I go its about 4 to 5 hrs and I carry lunch or dinner and make an afternoon or day of it.

I still drive almost 6hrs to a Range I'm a member of now. Just to shoot cannons and mortars. I just do a long weekend and camp at the range.

Lonehunter

Six Pointer
I use to have a friend that was a founding member there. We had 6 or more, what we called Bull shoots. A bunch of us were members at specialty pistol forum and he would get the exclusive use of the rifle range on 2 saturdays a year. One in the spring and another in the fall. We would shoot pistols , eat and shoot the bull! Last time we had one was the spring of 2012. He has since passed!

Pretty nice range. Clean! Lots of berms for safety! 10 or so, covered shooting benches on the rifle range. If I remember the rifle range was 100, 200 and 300 yards. They also had trap/skeet? Pistol ranges. Clubhouse.

I asked about becoming a member there and what I remember it was about what MJ74 said. Waiting list and members had to be voted in. $250-300 the first year. $100-150 a year after that. Seems like I remember there was a couple mandatory work days also. This was 10 years ago so it maybe more $ now.