Turkeys

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Turkeys eating all the poor deer’s corn. Any options that will slow them down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Turkey foot,
This is the second year for turkeys on his farm. Saw 3 gobblers in fall last year and this year had 16 hens ( 2 with beards) fly down from the roost. I appreciate the offer but I hope to take care of them in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhyno

Spike
pipe feeder won’t stop them from eating your corn ,but does slow their eating down ! From my experience using pipe feeders ! If that doesn’t work !, feed them lead !!!

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you're going to put corn out, sooner or later you're going to come to the realization that EVERYTHING in the woods eats corn, from bears to squirrels.

About the only thing you could do is set your feeder timer to throw corn just before sundown, when the turkeys are heading for their roosts.

That way the racoons will get more......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Between the raccoons ,bears and turkeys I dont put out corn anymore too expensive and too much work. I ran some feeders for a few years and was always messing with them, batteries dead or the electronics not working right etc, if I dump a bag on the ground here it’s gone the first night, yes deer hit it but just too much of everything else.

I wish coon hunting and trapping was as popular as it was back in the day, I do a little trapping but just don’t have the time

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You obviously are not buying DEER corn..... you are probably just using regular corn.... got to have picture of a deer on the bag!!!?

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Use ear corn, or put up a feeder that only slings about sunset. By that time, turkeys are headed to roost, and deer are just thinking about getting out of bed. You should still have corn on the ground the next morning also...but the turkeys will likely clean it up shortly after.