Turkey Recipe

Chipper

Anyone have any good and easy recipes for cooking wild turkey? I shot one in SC Thursday and was planning on cutting it up into strips and grilling it. I'd love to try something different with the rest of it if anyone has any recommendations?

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
My wife made up one, Slice the breast off, season with Black pepper,Garlic, and preferred seasonings. Slice up some onions, and place on the bottom and top of meat, and Bake in the oven on 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Very good and moist.

pccutter

Spike
"Poppers" slice jal. pepper 4 ways clean out seeds, add cream chesse,add nugget size piece of turkey, wrap in bacon hold together with toothpick, grill until bacon is done. Can be done with chicken also.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
If you want to cut in strips and grill, I like this one.

Cut into 1" thick strips (make sure you take out the tender's strap) and marinade in honey terryaki overnight or 24 hrs is better. Grill till firm. Don't overcook and it will impress everybody.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bread in house Autry and fry up some nuggets. Take the legs and wings and make turkey and dumplings

^^^this^^^...We use the dark meat in turkey stroganof or turkey tettrazini (sp?)...cut the breast into long strips then cut against the grain into nuggets, fry in peanut oil....yummmmm

Chipper

Thanks to everyone for these recipes. They all sound great and pretty simple! I've got some marinating in zesty italian right now. I'm going to try some of these new recipes on the rest.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Thanks to everyone for these recipes. They all sound great and pretty simple! I've got some marinating in zesty italian right now. I'm going to try some of these new recipes on the rest.

Add some honey and teriyaki as per Hawglips suggestion to the Italian marinade you've got going already and I'll guarantee you're going to love it. I mix Italian and Teriyaki quite a bit....I usually use brown sugar but honey will sweeten it just the same and is probably better for you.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I usually bake it, then with leftovers we have turkey pot pie and out of the drumsticks we make turkey dumplings...in the crock pot.

manybeards

Ten Pointer
Simple and my all time favorite. Cut the cleaned breast meat into strips and salt and pepper to taste. I then drop the "Turkey Fingers" into an egg wash and then dredge in Peppridge Farms Italian bread crumbs. Shake of the excess and place them in hot peanut oil. About 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing for a dipping sauce........... Delicious!

ethunter

Half of a breast,herb dry rub, wrap in bacon weave,on the smoker with Apple wood until 165 internal temp.

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I trim up the breast by taking out any membrane (silver skin) between the section of the breast. I then cut portions the size of a Kiser bun. I run the meat through a cuber a couple times. Wife will sauté the meat in butter and lemon pepper. Then in a bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon juice, and dill and mix to a paste to spread. Slice a fresh tomato (I'll wait until summer to eat turkey just for a real non-store bought tomato), and lettuce. Take your buns and toast in pan with butter to slightly brown inside. Layer the cream cheese spread, turkey, lettuce, and tomato! Absolutely delicious!

Last edited: