Turkey nest

duck1996

Button Buck
Found the first nest of the year for me anyways. Unfortunately it was right in the middle of my hay field, so I doubt the hen will be coming back to it
54bb4898568bb2f3ddbf009e3a0743ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yea I’d leave a patch around it, hopefully she would still come back to it

duck1996

Button Buck
That's what I did, but in the past, we've never had luck with them returning. Seems they don't like the sudden change from acres of waist high oats to a 14'×14' square of knee high

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That's what I did, but in the past, we've never had luck with them returning. Seems they don't like the sudden change from acres of waist high oats to a 14'×14' square of knee high

Can't blame them gotta be pretty nerve racking job sitting on nest with yotes and cats prowling figure they only gonna sit where they comfortable

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Could off took the eggs and tryed to incubate them yourself with a little effort they might would have hatched.

duck1996

Button Buck
Could off took the eggs and tryed to incubate them yourself with a little effort they might would have hatched.
We have poultry houses too. That would be a big no no if we tried to raise them. Aside from the fact I'm pretty sure its frowned upon to do that.