Turkey gun option

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I live a sheltered life i guess,,had never heard of the Triple Tom,,,was in a local gun emporium and eyeballed this turkey slayer

Anyone gave one?

Last edited:

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
thought you were pulling our legs, I had to look it up

I’ve never heard of one and I’ll pass haha

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Load her up with 2 1/4oz 3.5’s, and I gotta hundo for the man that pulls all 3 barrels while I’m filming :ROFLMAO:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I still ain't figured out the "why" yet,,,,when I first saw it I was like "cool,,,a camo drilling",,,,then bam,,,three shotgun barrels

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some guy who likes to hunt with his O/U, but didn't like being handicapped by only 2 shots. More of a dove field gun if you ask me. If you need 3 shots on a turkey you messed up.

The positive is you can put 3 different chokes in there if you want. For the bird hunter who can't hit with two shots and really wishes he had one more barrel with a Full in it. On the downside, you'd go broke fitting it with high-dollar turkey chokes.

I know you can't shoot all 3 at the same time, but anyone who would take that bet with 3 1/2", 2 1/4 oz. is a sucker. That round has 3 times the recoil of a .300 Win Mag and more than a .458 Win Mag. Triple that, and you are in the concussion/detached retina/torn rotator cuff area. Go for it man.(y)

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some guy who likes to hunt with his O/U, but didn't like being handicapped by only 2 shots. More of a dove field gun if you ask me. If you need 3 shots on a turkey you messed up.

The positive is you can put 3 different chokes in there if you want. For the bird hunter who can't hit with two shots and really wishes he had one more barrel with a Full in it. On the downside, you'd go broke fitting it with high-dollar turkey chokes.

I know you can't shoot all 3 at the same time, but anyone who would take that bet with 3 1/2", 2 1/4 oz. is a sucker. That round has 3 times the recoil of a .300 Win Mag and more than a .458 Win Mag. Triple that, and you are in the concussion/detached retina/torn rotator cuff area. Go for it man.(y)

Wouldn’t hurt a small fella too bad. It would rock a big boy.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
With tighter patterns these days, I wonder how far off the bottom two barrels are when using the top barrel sight at 20 yards.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
The only thing he said was to pull the trigger, never said anything about shouldering it.
Har har har. You know what I meant. But the gun won’t let you, so it’s irrelevant. Shame to, i was gonna make you YouTube famous :ROFLMAO:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Finally a gun for me I'm gonna order me some 3 1/2 Inch TSS 9'S with 2 and half ounces each what a swarm when I empty all 3 on him?. Funny looking gun never knew one existed. Gonna read up on that one

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I try not to need a follow-up shot if I can help it...

I used to own a Zabala (Spanish made) 10 ga. side by side with twin triggers. I pulled both triggers at once exactly one time. The was a flock of Canada geese (already in a V) passing over and I swung past the lead bird & pulled both triggers. The gun about screwed me into the ground and the second and third bird fell out of the flock like they were hit with anti-aircraft fire. The copper plated BB shot absolutely hammered 'em. I sold the gun to my roommate's brother, who killed a doe with it at 55 yards with a head shot using those same BB shot. It would kill from the front and cripple behind.

Jim

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Har har har. You know what I meant. But the gun won’t let you, so it’s irrelevant. Shame to, i was gonna make you YouTube famous :ROFLMAO:

I may have known what you meant but you have to be very specific with me. I'll find an advantage.

Too bad though, I could have used the fame to sell my beef faster.