Turkey Enchiladas

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
made some Wild Turkey Chili Verde Enchiladas at the station last night.. Pretty easy to do and a great way to use leg and thigh meat... and cheap.. I fed 6 firemen for less than 25 bucks (not factoring in the cost of the bird, never do that)

Crock pot the meat with chilies and jalapenos (but any pepper of choice)
Shred
Whip Cream cheese with a mixer and add 8oz green Chilies, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, lime juice (other ingredients as desired)
Fold in the shredded meat

In another bowl mix 16oz Chili Verde (I used Salsa Verde) and sour cream.. this is you cooking sauce.

Roll meat mixture in 8" flour tortillas.

In baking dish, spoon the sauce into the bottom, enough to make sure the rolls don't stick. and then place them seam side down.. pour the rest of the sauce on top making sure all of the tortillas are damp. top with Mozzarella and bake at 375 for half an hour.. finish with broil to brown up the cheese.. topped ours with fresh cilantro and onion mixture

1622805285233.png

made some Wild Turkey Chili Verde Enchiladas at the station last night.. Pretty easy to do and a great way to use leg and thigh meat... and cheap.. I fed 6 firemen for less than 25 bucks (not factoring in the cost of the bird, never do that)

Crock pot the meat with chilies and jalapenos (but any pepper of choice)
Shred
Whip Cream cheese with a mixer and add 8oz green Chilies, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, lime juice (other ingredients as desired)
Fold in the shredded meat

In another bowl mix 16oz Chili Verde (I used Salsa Verde) and sour cream.. this is you cooking sauce.

Roll meat mixture in 8" flour tortillas.

In baking dish, spoon the sauce into the bottom, enough to make sure the rolls don't stick. and then place them seam side down.. pour the rest of the sauce on top making sure all of the tortillas are damp. top with Mozzarella and bake at 375 for half an hour.. finish with broil to brown up the cheese.. topped ours with fresh cilantro and onion mixture

View attachment 67573
Looks delicious

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thing about a firehouse is... your skill set as well as shortcomings are quickly identified... then amplified throughout the station(s) and shifts. You keep producing recipes like that and they liable to assign you to the Christmas supper and head stew man on Brunswick stew cook day. I use to produce a solid pot of Jambalaya once a quarter.... told them to tampen expectations of other chow between each cook. 😆

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thing about a firehouse is... your skill set as well as shortcomings are quickly identified... then amplified throughout the station(s) and shifts. You keep producing recipes like that and they liable to assign you to the Christmas supper and head stew man on Brunswick stew cook day. I use to produce a solid pot of Jambalaya once a quarter.... told them to tampen expectations of other chow between each cook. 😆

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Agree, I am very close to retirement at this point and the firehouse is where I experiment with new recipes.. those guys will eat most anything. I like to cook. Will still have dinner with my crew once a week even after walking away as long as they stay together..

couple others
Scallops in a Tuscan cream sauce
1623329473978.png
Seared Ahi Tuna
1623329617291.png
Mongolian Venison with homemade egg rolls and crab rangoon
1623329690589.png