Turkey Day live

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No thread started?? I’m in my truck. Going to sit at the head of this farm where I can see a few fields and try to re learn these things. They’ve whooped me this year. Looking for education this morning more than anything

JMbowhunter

Six Pointer
One of my targets down last night. Very grateful although very sore and tired. He was over 200lbs and I got him out all alone last night. Giving body rest today, chef who's smoking the bird, husband and dad this morning...buying up points to chase down last buck tag rest of weekend. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck out there. These NC deer are still fired up. My mature 8point reeled in on rattle and grunt around 330 in afternoon yesterday. Don't give up boys.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Settled in and still kicking myself in the arse for not hunting a stand that had some big tracks in corn. Moved camera yesterday and found out what was making the tracks. It was the buck that walked up beside Christy during muzzleloader season while she was setting in a turkey chair. Imagine him at 3 yards.

Attachments

• 1669291215290_822972621092203.jpg
    1669291215290_822972621092203.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 26

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Watched a turkey fly off roost. Lucky bird on Thanksgiving.

Haven’t heard a shot.

Observation the last week. The mature bucks I’ve seen have been more preoccupied with eating than the immature bucks. Not saying they are not looking for does because they are doing a lot of walking, they are not nose to the ground running.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Buddies little boy made it till 725 I watched him go back into the house. 740 an 8 point walked across the crest of hill at 35 yards walking fast tried to stop him and he spooked ran to about 120 and stopped and I shot over his back. Didn't find hair or blood and with the 45-70 if I hit anywhere it should have left something

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Buddies little boy made it till 725 I watched him go back into the house. 740 an 8 point walked across the crest of hill at 35 yards walking fast tried to stop him and he spooked ran to about 120 and stopped and I shot over his back. Didn't find hair or blood and with the 45-70 if I hit anywhere it should have left something
Oh yeah! Deer definitely react to the big 45....

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Some does moving in picking acorns in a small bowl. Trees must’ve dropped more last night because they have barely moved.