Turkey camp

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Hennessy hammock has a bug net and believe it or not a hammock gets cold on the backside if temps drop below 60 SO.. I have an underquilt on it meaning they can’t get to me! I HOPE?

No seriously, without those I wouldn’t even think of camping... there are mosquitoes all over the outside of the bug net as we speak

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hennessy hammock has a bug net and believe it or not a hammock gets cold on the backside if temps drop below 60 SO.. I have an underquilt on it meaning they can’t get to me! I HOPE?

No seriously, without those I wouldn’t even think of camping... there are mosquitoes all over the outside of the bug net as we speak

good,,,didn't see the bug net,,,slept many a night in a jungle hammock with bug netting,,,and you are correct,,them bad boys can sleep colder than one thinks!!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have not camped like that since 1997 and I was in a tent. Turkey hunted 3 days down at the Sandhills State Forest in SC... Man that tent got cold when the low got down to 31 .
Good luck ....

I have spent many a night in a hammock and it is my preferred way of camping. I have seen all the extremes that NC has to offer in one, from 16 degree nights to 100 degree nights to calm skys and driving rain storms. I still prefer my hammock over a tent any day, lol. You are right though, at 60 degrees you better have something under your butt, lol.