Turk-fil-A nuggets

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So found a "imitator" recipe for copying Chik-Fil-A nuggets,,,my Granddaughter loves them so I wanted to try with turkey breast.

N G R E D I E N T S :
• boneless, skinless turkey breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks - I just used 1/2 of the breast - big bird
• 1 cup dill pickle juice
• 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
• peanut oil
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

In a large bowl, combine breast chunks, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate (I did three hours, but should do for at least 30 minutes).

Drain well.

Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.

In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in breast chunks and gently toss to
combine; drain excess milk mixture.

In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine breast chunks, flour and confectioners’ sugar; season
with salt and pepper, to taste.

Working in batches, add breast chunks to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3
minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.

Serve immediately with honey mustard/hot sauce, whatever - I liked them just as they were, no sauces needed!

that picture was the first batch,,,,had 3 more that size,,,,Granddaughter gave them a (y)

Last edited:

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
Yumm! That looks Delious.
Turkey nuggets are one of my favorites.
I usually soak mine in butter milk, but I can see where the whole salty pickle juice and con. sugar would enhance the taste and need no dipping sauce.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Thylacine

Button Buck
Those look GREAT! Will have to try that as my daughter LOVES their nuggets and I enjoy their various forms of fried chicken. Thanks for the recipe...we will certainly try it!

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
I saw this recipe posted last June and looked and looked but COULD NOT find it last turkey season. I'm not sure what I was typing in the search bar or maybe I thought it was in the "what are ya'll eating" thread but I never could find it. I still have one turkey breast from a bird my dad killed and thawed it out 2 days ago. Just now I searched "Wild Turkey" looking for new ideas and here it is. Will give it a go tomorrow night