Tuning issues

ncbow

Button Buck
Shooting a PSE bow madness epix. 70# 29 inches. Beman ics precision hunter 340 with 100gr points. QAD fall away rest.

I have a nock left tear through paper that won’t go away. I’ve tried moving rest and nothing happens. Played with my grip nothing happens. Not getting fletching contact. Arrows definitely shouldn’t be underspined should they?

Just wondering about other non bow press requiring things I could play with to get the arrows shooting straight. Any help would be appreciated.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Shooting a PSE bow madness epix. 70# 29 inches. Beman ics precision hunter 340 with 100gr points. QAD fall away rest.

I have a nock left tear through paper that won’t go away. I’ve tried moving rest and nothing happens. Played with my grip nothing happens. Not getting fletching contact. Arrows definitely shouldn’t be underspined should they?

Just wondering about other non bow press requiring things I could play with to get the arrows shooting straight. Any help would be appreciated.
Back off the limb bolts a turn or two and see if lessens the tear. You could also drop to lighter field points, either will "stiffen" the arrow up.

ncbow

Button Buck
It’s the QAD ultrarest hunter. I’m not an expert but it seems to be coming to vertical about an inch before full draw as it should be ( from what I’ve read). Tried backing out limb bolts a couple turns and that didn’t do much for the nock left tear. Ordered some 125gr field tips to see if that makes a difference.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
If the heads your hunting with and practicing with hit the same place then carry on.
Grip torque, enough fletching, cams shifted left or right, things mentioned above about nock fit or pinch, cam lean, timing. So many factors. A 1/32” on any of those items might make a weird tear through paper. If my arrows fall down a vertical plane from 20-60yds and broadheads hit together I don’t mess with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Sounds like your arrow is a little on the stiff side switch to a 125grain field tip and give it a try. That is the only way you can get rid of the tuning issue short of switching arrows, shooting more poundage, or a longer arrow. You really need to correct it, to stiff of a arrow will fly like a gutshot quail and be less efficient!!

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Have you tried letting someone else shoot the bow? I know you played with grip but it could be the Indian and not the bow. If others get the same result then you know it’s the bow.

ncbow

Button Buck
Thanks guys for the input. Will shoot the heavier tips and see if that corrects it. I’ll let a buddy shoot it as well to see if it could be a form issue.

willb

Eight Pointer
you could shoot 400's with a 100gr tip out of that bow but it is a light arrow.
your 340 heavier arrow will fly good with 125 or 150 gr tips.

ncbow

Button Buck
The 125 gr tips and an adjustment on my grip seems to have cleaned it up a lot. It’s pretty damn close to a perfect tear. I need to go back to the 100gr and see if the same adjustment does anything. That way I know what it was.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The 125 gr tips and an adjustment on my grip seems to have cleaned it up a lot. It’s pretty damn close to a perfect tear. I need to go back to the 100gr and see if the same adjustment does anything. That way I know what it was.
I think I would do what killerhamilton said and walkbacktune and compare FP to BH out to 60 yards. Move from the laboratory to the field......