Tuna Burger

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone have a good recipe? I really liked the burgers from the cookout. Is that recipe anywhere?

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone able to share a recipe, had made them a couple years ago but dont remember exactly what was in it, can't even remember if it shared from here or the google, but prefer those coming from "husky" fellers like me

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I just pan sear a tuna steak with a little spice(cajun last time)
mix wasabi and mayo. pan sear the roll a little or toast it in the oven.(little garlic butter on roll)
good roll is important imo.
I think simple is better

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I just pan sear a tuna steak with a little spice(cajun last time)
mix wasabi and mayo. pan sear the roll a little or toast it in the oven.(little garlic butter on roll)
good roll is important imo.
I think simple is better

I do this, except I sear it on a charcoal chimney.

Light a full charcoal chimney and once it’s at the afterburner stage, drop your steak on a grate over the top. It’ll put a terrific crust on it.

On a side note, I’ve not done tuna sous vide yet but it has to be a great method.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I do this, except I sear it on a charcoal chimney.

Light a full charcoal chimney and once it’s at the afterburner stage, drop your steak on a grate over the top. It’ll put a terrific crust on it.

On a side note, I’ve not done tuna sous vide yet but it has to be a great method.
I gotta try this. I like to grill them but out of propane.

only other note is to not overcook the steaks. 30 seconds per side in the pan on med-high

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone have a good recipe? I really liked the burgers from the cookout. Is that recipe anywhere?
I do not typically use a recipe. I make them to smell. Two years ago at the GTG I measured everything out and someone was writing it down but that is the only time. When I have a bit more time I will get an ingredients list together and try to give you rough qtys..

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I gotta try this. I like to grill them but out of propane.

only other note is to not overcook the steaks. 30 seconds per side in the pan on med-high

It’s a royal pain to do all that for a few steaks, but it’ll flat cook ‘em and leave them rare on the inside.