TSS hand loads for sale

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Do any of you guys know of anyone that loads TSS that would sell them or load some for a fee or even if I purchased the shot rather buy from an individual if possible , than a big Corp. Don’t need for turkeys this year but switching to a 20ga for next year and just thinking ahead thanks

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I wouldn’t think it would illegal to buy the stuff and pay someone to load them for me if it is I apologize to the forum and the mods or myself can delete , again I meant no wrong

np307

Ten Pointer
I wouldn’t think it would illegal to buy the stuff and pay someone to load them for me if it is I apologize to the forum and the mods or myself can delete , again I meant no wrong
If I remember correctly, the wording is something similar to "selling ammunition that you manufactured." Doesnt matter if someone paid for the components, you cant sell reloads.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I remember correctly, the wording is something similar to "selling ammunition that you manufactured." Doesnt matter if someone paid for the components, you cant sell reloads.
Actually with a remanufacturing license you could. And most would want liability insurance on top of that in this day and time. Most folks will "help" people get started in the process themselves if they get the stuff and show them how to do it. But you seldom will hear anyone say "yeah I will reload some for you", especially on a public forum.

np307

Ten Pointer
Actually with a remanufacturing license you could. And most would want liability insurance on top of that in this day and time. Most folks will "help" people get started in the process themselves if they get the stuff and show them how to do it. But you seldom will hear anyone say "yeah I will reload some for you", especially on a public forum.
Right, if you were licensed it could be done (Type 7 I think?). I guess I was using ffl terminology the same way most use nfa terminology (suppressors and machine guns aren't illegal if you have the right paperwork, but most people say they're "illegal."

And yeah, if someone has gone through that amount of trouble, its doubtful they'd load a few rounds for you unless you were a good friend.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
You’ve got to buy all the components in bulk anyway, so if you don’t want to load your own(it really ain’t hard/expensive) just grab some from Apex Ammunition.

ol bob

Six Pointer
If you were closer I would let you come to the shop and load your own but you are a looong way's from me.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
I would love to watch a knowable (safe) reloader load some tss . If anyone is willing to let me watch anywhere near forsyth co. I would greatly appreciate it.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
LOL. Yeah I’m a long ways from most , I was reading on other forums and it saves a little bit no great deal though and again I’m sorry if it sounded like a outlaw not looking to break the law or get anyone in trouble thanks for the replies

There are some small companies out there that load.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I would love to watch a knowable (safe) reloader load some tss . If anyone is willing to let me watch anywhere near forsyth co. I would greatly appreciate it.

If Kannapolis isn't too far you are welcome to drop by my shop and watch a session some time.... Been loading since the late 60's and am certified by NRA and I teach..

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
If Kannapolis isn't too far you are welcome to drop by my shop and watch a session some time.... Been loading since the late 60's and am certified by NRA and I teach..
Heck yes, that is a good offer, thanks friend. The next time you are going to run a batch of tss shot me a pm and i will do my best to make it. Thanks !!!

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
its about liability
however, if ya find someone to let you use their gear to load your own, all is well.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
The procedure is the same, up to you... I think you're back to wanting someone load it for you....
NO!!!! I don't want anyone to load them for me. I am not the OP of this post , I have loaded shot shells in the past. What I was asking to see was how to load the tss shot using a roll crimp ,which i do not know how to do, also to get some idea of the components and equipment I would need for this . And to get some idea of a safe load with a heavy load of tss . Sorry for the misunderstanding .

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
NO!!!! I don't want anyone to load them for me. I am not the OP of this post , I have loaded shot shells in the past. What I was asking to see was how to load the tss shot using a roll crimp ,which i do not know how to do, also to get some idea of the components and equipment I would need for this . And to get some idea of a safe load with a heavy load of tss . Sorry for the misunderstanding .
If you buy your shot from @hawglips he’ll give you the component list/recipe. All you really need is a good scale, a shell vise, and a way to crimp, be it standard crimp or rolled. I would assume you can roll crimp with a cordless drill, but a drill press is the way to go.

There’s no guesswork, just follow the directions(y)

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
If you buy your shot from @hawglips he’ll give you the component list/recipe. All you really need is a good scale, a shell vise, and a way to crimp, be it standard crimp or rolled. I would assume you can roll crimp with a cordless drill, but a drill press is the way to go.

There’s no guesswork, just follow the directions(y)
Thanks for the good info. I will do that as soon as this season is over and be ready next year.👍

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
df9452c83ac2d65cc8f11d6c787ea0b1.jpg

These guys have everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobbler

Eight Pointer
Loading some dove/skeet lead loads is completely different than loading tss, what you get from hal is tried and true tested loads that work and are SAFE, lead and tss are two different animals