Trout on my local creek

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Had a blast today on the creek by my house. Dug into a 24”(?) rainbow but he spit my hook. After that I managed 3 rainbows, 2 browns and a Brookie. The same little spot I fished yielded a 25” brown for another fella yesterday. And I’m talkin a creek that’s maybe 10’ wide. I don’t always harvest fish but I kept the 6 I got today. Nothing to brag about but they sure are good for smoking and making fish head soup. Thank God for another beautiful WNC day. 16D5ED27-A644-4794-B978-67678C1A3809.jpeg16D5ED27-A644-4794-B978-67678C1A3809.jpeg16D5ED27-A644-4794-B978-67678C1A3809.jpeg

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Look like good fun But no need to feel bad about keeping stockers. They are gong to be in someone’s frying pan soon enough, why should it not be yours.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Look like good fun But no need to feel bad about keeping stockers. They are gong to be in someone’s frying pan soon enough, why should it not be yours.
Or belly up in creek come June temps and low oxygen.

Only been a few years ago While fishing that I saw and netted (hand net) Trout in ashe County during June due to low oxygen

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I work for State Parks and the hatchery did an educational program about hatchery fish and explained that it was a subsistence program to give poor folk a way to eat without a free handout. So I eat em lol

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
That’s cool. Ive caught some from creeks that you could about step over lol. A lot of people don’t believe that you can catch trout from “skinny” water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
I used to be in on a lease in Alleghaney County that had a small creek. Lots of natives in there.... I kept that info to myself. most were 5-6 inch range. It was fun stalking up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I work for State Parks and the hatchery did an educational program about hatchery fish and explained that it was a subsistence program to give poor folk a way to eat without a free handout. So I eat em lol
I thought it was a way to make the flatlanders with their high dollar equipment and usually attitude to go with it feel successful?