Trout Limit Today

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Could be......I've seen pix where he took his very pretty wife with him, but he used the term "my limit" so that's what I based my post on!

However, someone must have been there to take his picture!!
:unsure:
I never said in the original post that all of those are mine. I said "I got my limit"

Probably going back tomorrow. I got fish to clean right now.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
At the rate you are going Mack, you can donate about half of them to the wild game dinner and still have enough left to share with friends and family.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't have clue not my area of state from looks of the pines. I could guess based on recent stocking sched lake marion or village point but that's just blind guessing

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
No one has hit it yet. I probably will be there tomorrow 1ish or so. If no one has guessed it I will post it so if anyone is close they can meet us there.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Thumb for me as well, just didn’t want to miss out on some slick new trick.

No idea on location, but looking at infrastructure, I’m leaning away from a commercial trout pond and towards a city/county park that is stocked for winter...foliage and topo have me thinking piedmont.

Not Piedmont.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
No one has hit it yet. I probably will be there tomorrow 1ish or so. If no one has guessed it I will post it so if anyone is close they can meet us there.
I don't figure its broughton but that's where I'll be tomorrow I was debating between there and McDowell co

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck I'm finishing this Crawford fight then hitting sack so I'll be up early and at it. Gonna be nice and chilly

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i hate to yell yall but you dont want to really figure this out, the low hanging fruit is in the back of mack's truck. LOL
I am impressed if it is harris pond since their stock date is next week. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Just got back from Marion trout were slow biting till put a little Cleo on then picked up. Whole bunch people big family groups I wouldn't expect many fish left in that pond by dark

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Just got back from pond....got there maybe 1 and half before dark..... wife and I only caught 7 . She caught the biggest and 1 trout kept stealing my powerbait. When I finally caught it and cleaned it she was full of Orange Powerbait!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I might take the kids there saturday -never fished that pond but I know they stocked it on the 9th. Ever fished there and if so - any good?
It might be ok but If were me I'd pick pond with closest stock date to take kids to lot them get caught out could be slow day for kids

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
It might be ok but If were me I'd pick pond with closest stock date to take kids to lot them get caught out could be slow day for kids
Dang, they get caught up that quick? I'll look around for something within a reasonable driving distance that might be sooner. Thanks Turkeyfoot.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Dang, they get caught up that quick? I'll look around for something within a reasonable driving distance that might be sooner. Thanks Turkeyfoot.
There will be some leftover from 9th but not lot i was just thinking in line of more fish for kids catching if its anywhere like here after 7 or so days they get slim

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
never fished for them , would like to take my granddaughter ,any baits, techniques for a beginner ?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I watched them stock bass lake yesterday. I fished it after and caught 1 maybe 25 total by all those there before the park closed. Today I fished all afternoon I got one bite I saw humans catch about 7 trout all afternoon. Now the birds.... that's a different story I saw them snag 50 maybe more.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Mack is a great guy. Known him for years on another site. Great fisherman, even if he's a TAR HEEL fan..lol Mack, mixed bag, brookies and rainbows?