Trout Limit Today

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
so being a Falconer (osprey) is the way to go ?
what kind of trout do they stock into these ponds ?

Well, I am no pro, quite the opposite, but I am taking poles with all three basic set ups that I know of.

1- using some of that trout dough bait from powerbait. slip sinker with barrel swivel and will run a leader - length depending on how much vegetation is on the bottom, if I can figure that out. I might also use a few floating worms, same set up. Corn will also work.
2- Floater. this the traditional bobber with split shot below it. Same baits as above.
3- rooster tails. I assume this works better in running creeks/streams but I will have a pole set up with them. the kids like casting and reeling in more than just letting it sit so if its a slow day at least this will give them something to occupy the time.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
never fished for them , would like to take my granddaughter ,any baits, techniques for a beginner ?

Worms or minnows under a bobber.
If it is really tough chum em up with corn then fish with a piece on a egg hook and 2# line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I think I might head over there tomorrow. My pond has been stocked for more than a month. Hope there are some left.

Crestliner

Six Pointer
Is it too late to catch trout in these ponds? Finally got sometime to take my daughter fishing (she has been asking to go since Christmas).
What bait have you had the most success? Corn, power bait, worms, minnows, salmon eggs, spinners?

Going to go Monday and looks like it is going to be a little chilly.

Thanks

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
No clue where its at but I'd have to say you are having a lot of fun. Would say "to much" but trout fishing its impossible to have to much fun.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
No clue where its at but I'd have to say you are having a lot of fun. Would say "to much" but trout fishing its impossible to have to much fun.

Larry you may want to ck out my Crappie Video. Rodman Dam. I think you have a place near there?????