Trout Limit Today

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Is the spoon to scrape the bloodlines after gutting...or are you going straight into Trout Tartare!?!?!?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Is the spoon to scrape the bloodlines after gutting...or are you going straight into Trout Tartare!?!?!?

Spoon was for eating Mountain House Chicken and rice cooked on tailgate. I get the bloodlines out with my thumb....

no one is close yet on the location.

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Spoon was for eating Mountain House Chicken and rice cooked on tailgate. I get the bloodlines out with my thumb....

no one is close yet on the location.

Thumb for me as well, just didn’t want to miss out on some slick new trick.

No idea on location, but looking at infrastructure, I’m leaning away from a commercial trout pond and towards a city/county park that is stocked for winter...foliage and topo have me thinking piedmont.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm glad they do a winter stocking I just wish they'd do more this is trout fishing weather to me growing up in Va. Never could quite understand why put cold weather fish in water in June and July I know its for nice weather for people but I never seen peop people turn it down if cold.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Figure he had maybe wife with him or buddy for 2 limits. I'm half debating riding over to McDowell co. to catch few fresh ones I've got some in freezer but some fresh fried is always good

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Figure he had maybe wife with him or buddy for 2 limits. I'm half debating riding over to McDowell co. to catch few fresh ones I've got some in freezer but some fresh fried is always good

Could be......I've seen pix where he took his very pretty wife with him, but he used the term "my limit" so that's what I based my post on!

However, someone must have been there to take his picture!!
:unsure:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Could be......I've seen pix where he took his very pretty wife with him, but he used the term "my limit" so that's what I based my post on!

However, someone must have been there to take his picture!!
:unsure:
I overlooked that part see what your saying, but he seems like guy that fishes lot knows/follows rules so I assume 2. He gotta have someone help him eat all them. They only get catch trout once year in piedmont and east maybe they orta let have few extra.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I wouldn't question Mack on anything pertaining to fishing. I know there are some here that will question his decisions on college athletics but I don't keep up with that so can't comment. I know you guys are just poking fun at him but I gotta stay on his good side. I don't want him slipping something in my food in Feb.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't question Mack on anything pertaining to fishing. I know there are some here that will question his decisions on college athletics but I don't keep up with that so can't comment. I know you guys are just poking fun at him but I gotta stay on his good side. I don't want him slipping something in my food in Feb.
Yeah its just being funny. I enjoy the fishing posts by him you can tell he loves to fish and trout is my favorite fish having some for supper as matter fact with pork beans and cornbread.