Trout Fishing near Banner Elk

PG2

Ten Pointer
I am taking a family vacation in Banner Elk this year, week of 4th of July! I know there are streams everywhere but could someone guide me to the ones that are promising?

Thanks,

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Best thing you can do is go on WRC site look up schedule for county you'll be staying in and hot somewhere fresh stocked if you wanting to fish hatchery waters if your wanting wild just hope some this rain holds off by then streams are mess right now.

Reactions: PG2

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I am taking a family vacation in Banner Elk this year, week of 4th of July! I know there are streams everywhere but could someone guide me to the ones that are promising?

Thanks,
If your looking at hatchery then lineville river being stocked that week looks like

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Elk River is right there. Not sure of the type, would have to check the interactive map. North Toe is not far near Newland. You can head down 181 and make a left onto brown Mountain beach rd and take that over to Adako and make another left. Tough hike down (more like a fall. lol) to the river but usually worth it. Mid day there will be tubers and kayakers. I've caught trout right after they pass.

mattharris0414

If you want to have a great time, call Fosco fish camp. My wifes cousin Matt manness is a guide there and he is the man to go out with!! You wont be dissappointed!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I wish I was good enough to be a trout guide!

Yup all those that everyone mentioned are good spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG2

Ten Pointer
We had a good day today, went to Linville and between my son and I we caught 12, took home 5 for dinner!
2c7f99679d9ac2fb99b79e0bab69dbbf.jpg
0df64cccd5cbb9aad06bba335b738c86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk