Trout camp 1st wknd June.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Hey guys, I'm looking for two turkey heads. They don't gotta be pretty, just not smashed. If anyone going to the trout shindig has two laying around I'll take them. If I need to cook you a taco or do a strip tease or something we can work something out.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Hey guys, I'm looking for two turkey heads. They don't gotta be pretty, just not smashed. If anyone going to the trout shindig has two laying around I'll take them. If I need to cook you a taco or do a strip tease or something we can work something out.
Do you want me to come over and shoot that smart a@@ Tom that follows me out into your yard for you to get a head

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I'll be there check other side out by Sat it's just across 181 from other turn off basically same area other side rd make right instead of left off 181 much shorter drive down forest service rd and smoother rd since they scraped it. I just need check see if enough parking.
Actually both roads are about the same condition as of 5-12 and there’s considerably less camping and parking to be found on the other. If turn out is similar to the muzzleloader camp(s), you’ll likely wanna use steel creek rd. Of course you may already know all of this by now.

Edit: Still gotta cross a small creek though. Have to watch rain levels especially if in a car.

Last edited:

gobblerstopper

Six Pointer
Are y’all talking about the road on right that crosses Upper Creek? Last I knew it is closed/blocked once you get to Wilson creek. Which sucks I wish the government would open that back up, would make y’all’s trips to Wilson easier.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Are y’all talking about the road on right that crosses Upper Creek? Last I knew it is closed/blocked once you get to Wilson creek. Which sucks I wish the government would open that back up, would make y’all’s trips to Wilson easier.
Yes. It’s closed 1.5 miles in, just past the fork. I didn’t ride the other road though.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Just to clarify again, yall are camping at the same spot as normal? I have not decided if I will be there Friday or saturday night. It just depends on multiple factors.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
What was going on in Michigan for you? Me and my son are heading there next Saturday for about 10 days. See family, fish, canoe, etc!
Turkey hunt for couple days. What area you going to? If you could secure some permission my guess you'd kill couple birds pretty easy