Tribiski off to a blazing start with the Bears.....

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
A basketball logo on a football helmet?
I read the jump man emblem is for the practice helmets. It's hard telling how much support or money they will be getting for the program from MJ's deal. Personally I think those helmets are gosh awful looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I read the jump man emblem is for the practice helmets. It's hard telling how much support or money they will be getting for the program from MJ's deal. Personally I think those helmets are gosh awful looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As long as they are stuck with using periwinkle blue and argyle, they are going to be gosh awful looking.:D

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I figured this thread would be off to the races this morning..............crickets.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Sumbody please call the Humane Society and have them check on Oldest Schools dog. Please.
i am quiet worried about you next week mack. that pesky meeting in nashville.

but i appreciate your concern for me.

i am far more distressed that the GOAT is out for the year with more surgery than turbo's flash of greatness.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Not worried about next week. Worried about how many times I get to fish this month. My boys got everything handled.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
It's only preseason, I can only imagine how this will play out here after the season starts....lol

Some other players from NC schools played well to. Matt Dayes scored a TD, That 3rd string QB for the Patriots played although not to well, Jones the WR from ECU and that Switzer guy with the Cowboys is suppose to be doing well. T.J. Logan was looking for with Arizona until his injury, hope he makes it back soon.
I dont keep up with every player from the big NC schools but there are quite a few in the NFL.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I watched him play this weekend and thought he played well. He threw one deep pass right on the money.
I know it's just preseason but maybe I have been wrong about him.

sent from...... Tapatalk

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I watched him play this weekend and thought he played well. He threw one deep pass right on the money.
I know it's just preseason but maybe I have been wrong about him.

sent from...... Tapatalk
I haven't seen him play so this is just looking at the stat sheet. It looks like he has played well, but has it been against mostly the 2s, 3s, and 4s? Has he played any meaningful snaps against the Ones?

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I think when he played this weekend it was against the 1's....if not there were still a few out there with the backups.

sent from...... Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like Glennon has locked up the starting QB spot, as expected.
He was going to start regardless, thats basically what they have said all along. Best thing that can happen for the Bears and Glennon is for him to play well this year so somebody wants to trade for him.
I would like to see him go to the Cardinals, he fits the kind of offense they use.

As much as they gave up to draft Trubisky they almost have to play him in the next year or so. Hopefully it works out for both of them.
I always thought Glennon could do well if given the chance.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
He was going to start regardless, thats basically what they have said all along. Best thing that can happen for the Bears and Glennon is for him to play well this year so somebody wants to trade for him.
I would like to see him go to the Cardinals, he fits the kind of offense they use.

As much as they gave up to draft Trubisky they almost have to play him in the next year or so. Hopefully it works out for both of them.
I always thought Glennon could do well if given the chance.

sent from...... Tapatalk
Yea, I think Glennon was the starter regardless. Trubisky has played well, however he's going against backup's predominately.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Yea, I think Glennon was the starter regardless. Trubisky has played well, however he's going against backup's predominately.
Going against backups with backups. Most of Trubisky's praises haven't been statistical anyway. It's been his footwork, his progressions, his reads, his athleticism, his composure, the accuracy, his arm strength, etc.

This should have never been a QB controversy anyways but it became one. I could see Trubisky in early if Glennon falters, especially considering that Fox's job is on the line. Heck, Glennon may have been relegated to #2 this week if he had not come out with a good drive yesterday.

Last edited:

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Going against backups with backups. Most of Trubisky's praises haven't been statistical anyway. It's been his footwork, his progressions, his reads, his athleticism, his composure, the accuracy, his arm strength, etc.

This should have never been a QB controversy anyways but it became one. I could see Trubisky in early if Glennon falters, especially considering that Fox's job is on the line. Heck, Glennon may have been relegated to #2 this week if he had not come out with a good drive yesterday.
Progressions, reads, composure and accuracy all can change when going against other team's 1's.

I didn't think it was a QB controversy...only the media seemed to think so. Glennon played about what the starter would expect to play in preseason. Very limited.

It's the Bears we're talking about....one of the worst franchises in the NFL. If they pull Glennon early and not give him a true chance just to appease the fans then they get everything they deserve.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Progressions, reads, composure and accuracy all can change when going against other team's 1's.
His tangibles far exceeded what most expected from a Rookie, period. Anything can change when you insert a guy into a new lineup but he checked the boxes, hypotheticals aside.

I didn't think it was a QB controversy...only the media seemed to think so. Glennon played about what the starter would expect to play in preseason. Very limited.
The Bears writers, other NFL players, even John Fox hinted at it. Glennon is not your prototypical starter. He came as a backup with much to prove to Chicago and it's staff and for 2 games looked horrendous. You make it sound like they sent Glennon out there for reps to keep loose. Not so. Glennon had to show he knows what the he is doing and can be an NFL starter. He still has to.

It's the Bears we're talking about....one of the worst franchises in the NFL. If they pull Glennon early and not give him a true chance just to appease the fans then they get everything they deserve
Tell that to John Fox who knows if he botches this season, he is gone! This is the NFL, not some high school league. It's a career. You produce or you go home.

He'll get a true shot but Trubisky's only flaw at this point is that he is inexperienced. So how do you get your future QB experience if you don't play him? If the Bears flounder around under Glennon, they will pull him, especially if they fall too far behind in the NFC North. In that scenario, they can get Mitch meaningful experience with no added pressure. I have little doubt about that. Glennon is only there to give the Bears a chance to compete now. If they don't, they'll move.

Last edited:

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
I'd like to congratulate all of QBU(NCSU) starting qb's in the NFL....future HOF QB Philip Rivers, Super Bowl Champion Rus Wilson, STARTING Qb of the Chicago Bears Mike Glennon and backup of Super Bowl Champion Jacoby Brissett.

Oh, lol at the clipboard holder in Chicago. Sounds like he has one fan on his side, that's precious!!

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
His tangibles far exceeded what most expected from a Rookie, period. Anything can change when you insert a guy into a new lineup but he checked the boxes, hypotheticals aside.
He was the 2nd pick in the draft. You don't get drafted in that slot without showing NFL GM's something. It's not like he was a Russell Wilson 3rd round pick with low expectations and blew everyone away at camp and earned the starting gig. He was a high pick with expectations placed on his shoulders. So far, he's been pretty good. However, it's the preseason....it's not a real game and not played like one.

The Bears writers, other NFL players, even John Fox hinted at it. Glennon is not your prototypical starter. He came as a backup with much to prove to Chicago and it's staff and for 2 games looked horrendous. You make it sound like they sent Glennon out there for reps to keep loose. Not so. Glennon had to show he knows what the he is doing and can be an NFL starter. He still has to.
They obviously picked up Glennon in the FA market to be the starter. He's never been given a chance to be a starter because Tampa sure didn't. His first game was obviously horrendous, but his 2nd game he was 13/18 for 1 TD and 1 INT. That's not horrendous in my book, maybe it is to yours. His 3rd game he was very solid.

Tell that to John Fox who knows if he botches this season, he is gone! This is the NFL, not some high school league. It's a career. You produce or you go home.

He'll get a true shot but Trubisky's only flaw at this point is that he is inexperienced. So how do you get your future QB experience if you don't play him? If the Bears flounder around under Glennon, they will pull him, especially if they fall too far behind in the NFC North. In that scenario, they can get Mitch meaningful experience with no added pressure. I have little doubt about that. Glennon is only there to give the Bears a chance to compete now. If they don't, they'll move.
If Glennon plays well, Trubisky will hold a clipboard. My fear is if the Bears start losing because of other reasons besides QB play they'll pull Glennon. It's what the Bears do. But can you blame them? They have Jay Cutler, who wouldn't even QB my Sunday afternoon flag football team behind center for a while. They haven't seen good QB play in decades.

Last edited: