Tribiski off to a blazing start with the Bears.....

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
That's how stats work, BBD. The unit that scores, gets credit for the points it scored. If Chicago happened to go for 2 and Trubisky nailed it, are you going to give that to the defense too? LOL!

Yea, didn't think so.
You gave the defensive touchdowns credit to Trubiski and the offense when you boasted about their offense being near the top in PPG earlier.

LMAO
Hold on.... let me finish backing him into a corner.

Lmao.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Hold on.... let me finish backing him into a corner.

Lmao.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You gave the defensive touchdowns credit to Trubiski and the offense when you boasted about their offense being near the top in PPG earlier.

LMAO
No, it was a simple wording mishap that we've already hashed out and determined the error was a mere 2 pts per game which would still put the offense around top 10 in the league. You just wanted to find an out by arguing semantics after being found completely erroneous and incorrect about Trubisky and the offenses contributions to Chicago's successes. You backed yourselves into a corner. :LOL:

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Glennon....7 minutes... 10 of 14... 111yrds and a touchdown.... find anyone in the league with a better season while on the field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
No, it was a simple wording mishap that we've already hashed out and determined the error was a mere 2 pts per game which would still put the offense around top 10 in the league. You just wanted to find an out by arguing semantics after being found completely erroneous and incorrect about Trubisky and the offenses contributions to Chicago's successes. You backed yourselves into a corner. :LOL:
Wrong.

Chicago has had 6 defensive Touchdowns which put 36 points on the board and resulted in an opportunity to get 42 points. All XP were made giving the Mitch and the team 3 points per game more on average.

3 points huh? That doesn’t sound like much, but considering nearly a quarter of NFL football games are decided by 3 points or less. Those 3 points are HUGE. Ask any NFL coach if he would like 3 extra points to start the game and 100% of them would say yes.

Just this last week, 6 of the 16 games were decided by 3 points or less.

Mitch has gotten 3 points on average, every game he has played.

Furthermore, Chicago has 5 more takeaways than the 2nd highest and 9
More than the third highest team.

If Chicago wasnt the 7th worst out of all NFL teams in interceptions thrown, their +13 takeaway margin would be even greater even though that leads the league.

Chicago ranks 26th out of 32 in turnovers per drive. That’s terrible.

They rank 4th in NFL in average drive starting position. THANK YOU DEFENSE.

My work here is done.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Wrong.

Chicago has had 6 defensive Touchdowns which put 36 points on the board and resulted in an opportunity to get 42 points. All XP were made giving the Mitch and the team 3 points per game more on average.
Your work here is wrong, right out of the gate................again. Look up those XP's and tell me who they were credited to then maybe we'll entertain the rest.

I can't believe you actually researched AND typed all of that in an attempt to discredit Mitch. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Your work here is wrong, right out of the gate................again. Look up those XP's and tell me who they were credited to then maybe we'll entertain the rest.

I can't believe you actually researched AND typed all of that in an attempt to discredit Mitch. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
That’s your rebuttal? Lol.

Not discrediting Mitch. Merely pointing out to the clueless crowd that claimed Mitch was the reason Chicago was winning.

Mitch has been given a gold mine to succeed this year.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

Not discrediting Mitch. Merely pointing out to the clueless crowd that claimed Mitch was the reason Chicago was winning.

I don't need another rebuttal because you still haven't gotten it correct. Lol.

As for Mitch, nobody has claimed he was the reason they won the North. Every excuse under the sun was made to not give him credit from the NFC North sucking to somehow the defense being given credit for points per game. Lmao! We were simply giving him his due and laughing at the other reasoning along the way.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I don't need another rebuttal because you still haven't gotten it correct. Lol.

As for Mitch, nobody has claimed he was the reason they won the North. Every excuse under the sun was made to not give him credit from the NFC North sucking to somehow the defense being given credit for points per game. Lmao! We were simply giving him his due and laughing at the other reasoning along the way.

Y’all think Mitch is the reason Chicago is winning?

Smdh.
Yes they did.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Yes they did.
Ok, so one person did and yet you never responded to him, so let's not act your entire argument is centered around OS.

You, in your question, insinuated that Trubisky had little to do with Chicago's success. You were flat out wrong.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

now wait isn't clueless a tad harsh?
how about don't give a rip just trying to be as silly as your abc rant?:LOL:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
now wait isn't clueless a tad harsh?
how about don't give a rip just trying to be as silly as your abc rant?:LOL:
Clueless is a bit harsh. I’ll take that back.

This really isn’t a ABC rant. Just calling the shots on how they shake out. Trubiski has played average while his defense has been elite.

Pick another QB.

Another did you know?

Chicago has played the weakest schedule in the NFL this year. Mitch better be at the least, Average.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
SOS is definitely relevant ... at least it is in ASKETBALL ... right ... ?? Or in ACC football when NCSU gets an easy schedule ... :D LOL

FOUR of the teams the Bears have played so far are > 500. FOUR out of 14. NINE are below .500 .
Seven of their 10 wins are against teams < .500 . I reckon all that probably helps a QB's stats? ;)
And to be fair ... mitch didn't pick the schedule. It is what it is. But so are the stats.

And the funny thing is ... I gave him credit. I just didn't praise him. I even pointed out that he's currently 5th in nfl qbr ... mostly due to his running ability. If he was ranked on PASS, he's 14th. Average. Hey, in the nfl, average is pretty danged good. If he was ranked on the RUN ... he's #1 !! And clearly better than the others. Only 1 comes close (Josh Allen - BUF). Maybe he should be a RB?

Oh ... and the fact is that his ranking last year DID SUCK. 29th overall, 28th in PASS, and 21st in RUN. But ... to start ... even PLAY in the nfl you have to be pretty danged good.

Last edited:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
But that article is stating when you’re trying to look a year ahead and figure out who’s schedule is easiest based on last years results.

I agree, that is garbage.

Chicago’s strength of schedule rating is based off 2018 opponents played to date.

Chicago’s opponents have the worst combined winning % in the NFL.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
But that article is stating when you’re trying to look a year ahead and figure out who’s schedule is easiest based on last years results.

I agree, that is garbage.

Chicago’s strength of schedule rating is based off 2018 opponents played to date.

Chicago’s opponents have the worst combined winning % in the NFL.
The NFL SOS doesn't work that way. If you're seeing it from somewhere else, it isn't used nor generated by the NFL's standard. In other words, if you think the article is garbage, then you think the NFL's SOS is garbage. If your using teamrankings.com, then you're using an in house metric that is equally worthless.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
When you're leading receiver is also your leading rusher, I think that tells the story as to why Cam's rating is so high. But you're right, it's obviously so bad to have a rating in the mid-90's. Lol.

View attachment 23725
So what kind of story does it tell when your second leading rusher is your leading receiver?

This player is also a Running Back.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
So what kind of story does it tell when your second leading rusher is your leading receiver?

This player is also a Running Back.
Who cares about the 2nd leading rusher? He's only got 6 more rushing yards that Trubisky. Cohen lines up as a reciever either in the slot or as a wideout, as much or more than he ever plays RB. I'm sure you knew that. He's a RB by title only, just like he's also the returner, wildcat QB, etc.

All Pines

Eight Pointer
Yeah...the poor kicker will likely get blamed, but trabinsky only put up 15 points on the 23rd ranked defence

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
It shouldn't come down to a kick, but that poor kicker for the Bears has to be hatin life right now.

sent from...... Tapatalk