Tribiski off to a blazing start with the Bears.....

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
That Bears defense is why their winning.
Don't fall into the ABCer trap. The Chicago offense is 5th in the NFL in points per game. They're an all around sound team and Trubisky is playing damn well in his first full season at the helm in an entirely new system.

Don't fall into the ABCer trap. The Chicago offense is 5th in the NFL in points per game. They're an all around sound team and Trubisky is playing damn well in his first full season at the helm in an entirely new system.

Chicago’s defense leads the league in defensive touchdowns per game.

Does that factor into your “offensive” scoring stat?

That breaks down to what? 2pts per game?

Puleeeeezzzzeeeeee.

Do better.
More than a field goal actually, which most games in the NFL come down to.

Trubiski is playing better this year but no way, shape, or form is he the reason they are 10-4.

Right now, he’s a game manager, don’t turn the ball over, let the defense win the game QB.

There’s no arguement there.

He’s playing with an elite defense that ranks top 5-10 in every major statistic.

He’s asked to throw the ball 54% of the time which ranks near the bottom of the league.

It is what it is.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
More than a field goal actually, which most games in the NFL come down to.
They've had 6 touchdowns on defense. 36 points divided by 14 games is 2.5 points, less than a FG.

As for your other stats, they're flawed. Trubisky is more than a game manager. He was on pace to surpass Chicago's all time single season mark in both passing yards and passing TD's until he missed 2 games due to a shoulder injury. That's not exactly 'game manager' type numbers. Neither is this:

1545141132142.png

He's simply a young QB in a new system in his first full season as a starter.

they ARE the ABC trap. That bias prevents any rational discussion of any topic.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
they ARE the ABC trap. That bias prevents any rational discussion of any topic.
That is spot on......I think Trubisky is doing a good job also. It appears Chicago made a good decision hiring Matt Nagy as coach.
The NFC North has some good teams and right now Minnesota is in the playoffs and could be very dangerous.

sent from...... Tapatalk

They've had 6 touchdowns on defense. 36 points divided by 14 games is 2.5 points, less than a FG.

As for your other stats, they're flawed. Trubisky is more than a game manager. He was on pace to surpass Chicago's all time single season mark in both passing yards and passing TD's until he missed 2 games due to a shoulder injury. That's not exactly 'game manager' type numbers. Neither is this:

View attachment 23635

He's simply a young QB in a new system in his first full season as a starter.
Do you get to kick an extra point after a defensive touchdown?

But Alt has no UNC bias when Talking about Trubiski?

Puuuuullleeeeze.
well to me alt is rubbing OUR (I was turbo's biggest critic) noses in the fact that the crap spewed about how useless he was was wrong.
it's kinda a fact. bias isn't in play.
Trying to dismiss his play as meangingless for the bears is past bias on your part , it's lunacy.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Only rubbing noses in it where people were subjective. He did poorly last year. Fact.

His stats are WAY up from last year, well ... they'd have to be. BUT, I think he's ranked #5 (!!) right now.

There are A LOT of factors that go into a QB's numbers. Coaching, play design, play calling, and esp. the players around him. I don't know what things have changed. I have stopped watching those assclowns. But his ranking is way up. His 'PTS ADDED' and "PASS' stats aren't great. Where he seems to shine is in the 'RUN' category.

well to me alt is rubbing OUR (I was turbo's biggest critic) noses in the fact that the crap spewed about how useless he was was wrong.
it's kinda a fact. bias isn't in play.
Trying to dismiss his play as meangingless for the bears is past bias on your part , it's lunacy.
Where did I dismiss his play?

Also, you can’t talk about Chicago’s success without talking about their defense. Their defense headlines their team.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Only rubbing noses in it where people were subjective. He did poorly last year. Fact.
Oh please, this entire thread was started in training camp last year because Trubisky fumbled a few snaps in his first practice. There was no objectiveness, only agendas.

We're simply keeping the tradition alive. :)

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Sounds like he's doing very well as an NFL QB. How man people on this planet can say that? 10-12?

I honestly don't see how anyone can bash him for his accomplishments so far this season.

I wish him luck.

Don’t think anyone is bashing. Mitch has played better this season. I’ve already pointed that out.

But when you have people say he is the reason Chicago is winning, well that’s simply not the case.

He’s got a great supporting cast with an Elite defense. He’s in a great spot. Every QB would love to have that.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
In much the same way that Von Miller won a Super Bowl for Peyton Manning, Kalil Mack is helping to win games for Trubiski.

That said, MT does move better than I thought he could outside the pocket...

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Oh, good grief. I knew you'd continue the BS.

No, he did not do well at all last year. Spin it how you like. Call doing better than fumbling snaps early on "an improvement" if that makes you feel better. His rating was horrible.

And yes, his numbers are vastly improved this year.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Oh, good grief. I knew you'd continue the BS.

No, he did not do well at all last year. Spin it how you like. Call doing better than fumbling snaps early on "an improvement" if that makes you feel better. His rating was horrible.

And yes, his numbers are vastly improved this year.
If we're going to talk about spin, don't come here spewing nonsense about objectiveness in this thread. Lol.

Trubisky was blackballed because of his draft position by an antiquated head coach that didn't want him in exchange for a QB (who was labeled by some here as 'stater material') who likely won't be in the league in 2 to 3 years. Hell, they paid Glennon $18.5m for 4 starts. Trubisky was forced to play in an old, stale system and by the time he got his shot, the Bears were well on their way to being knocked out of playoff contention with a HC and OC who were dead men walking. He was given half the playbook and a ragtag group of one of the worst receiving corps in football, and forced to go under center. Trubisky didn't play good in that system. Nobody did, which is why that coaching staff and many of those players are no longer employed by the Bears.

Anyone with half a brain cell knew what the Bears were going to do this offseason which is why I and many others called it exactly as it happened. Trubisky wasn't bad last season any more than he was never placed in a position to succeed. Ryan Pace wasn't going to allow that to happen again. Last year was the 'change' for Trubisky, this year was simply about allowing him to play to his strengths in a system he was much more familiar with.

Call it how you want, BUT ^^^^^^ this is exactly what happened.

As for your other stats, they're flawed. Trubisky is more than a game manager. He was on pace to surpass Chicago's all time single season mark in both passing yards and passing TD's until he missed 2 games due to a shoulder injury. That's not exactly 'game manager' type numbers. .

Breaking Chicago’s single season passing mark?

Big accomplishment??

If he broke Erik Kramer’s record of 3,838 yards with 3,839, that would put him in elite company, right?

Not so fast.

If he passed for that many yards, you know how many other teams he would hold the single season passing record for?

Zero.

Unless you count the 21 year old Tennessee Titans team and wipe out the Oilers History.

Same thing for TDs passed......

Kinda wipes the shine off of bragging of his “on pace to break” so and so record.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Wait.... so you are giving credit to the defense on a defense TD, but not the extra point?

Lol. Really?
That's how stats work, BBD. The unit that scores, gets credit for the points it scored. If Chicago happened to go for 2 and Trubisky nailed it, are you going to give that to the defense too? LOL!

Yea, didn't think so.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Breaking Chicago’s single season passing mark?

Big accomplishment??

If he broke Erik Kramer’s record of 3,838 yards with 3,839, that would put him in elite company, right?

Not so fast.

If he passed for that many yards, you know how many other teams he would hold the single season passing record for?

Zero.

Unless you count the 21 year old Tennessee Titans team and wipe out the Oilers History.

Same thing for TDs passed......

Kinda wipes the shine off of bragging of his “on pace to break” so and so record.
So this is where the goalpost has moved? LMAO!

I couldn't care less about other teams. Chicago is the oldest team in the NFL and has records dating back nearly 100 years. Trubisky in only his first complete season as the starter, is blazing a trail for Bears QB's. Deny it all you want, downplay it all you want, it doesn't make it any less real. Trubisky is playing really good when you consider the circumstances. He'll only get better.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Wait.... so you are giving credit to the defense on a defense TD, but not the extra point?

Lol. Really?
That's how stats work, BBD. The unit that scores, gets credit for the points it scored. If Chicago happened to go for 2 and Trubisky nailed it, are you going to give that to the defense too? LOL!

Yea, didn't think so.
Absolutely. The defense scored the 6 points. Without that play, a 2 point conversion or extra point kick would not occur.

Who is leading the NFL in special team points scored?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yea, didn't think so.
You gave the defensive touchdowns credit to Trubiski and the offense when you boasted about their offense being near the top in PPG earlier.

LMAO